XXIX. HIM & I

―♡―
𝐖𝐀𝐑 𝐎𝐅 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐒
[ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ɴɪɴᴇ - 𝘩𝘪𝘮 & 𝘪 ]

'he's out his head, i'm out my mind, we got that love, the crazy kind'

we got that love, the crazy kind'

♥♕♥♕♥

A few days had passed since the day Thea flipped the switch and regained her humanity, and ever since then the hybrid had been slowly learning how to cope with the guilt and pain she felt as a result.

Klaus, Elijah and Hayley had each been taking it in turns watching over her as if she was some fragile doll that would shatter at any given moment. However, in their efforts to make sure she was free of harm, they were slowly pushing her further away.

Whilst the hybrid was grateful for their support, she couldn't help but feel suffocated by their constant need to watch over her. Not that she could blame them, though. After all, the last time she had felt pain like this she had turned her humanity off and gone on a blood rampage.

Yet, Thea couldn't seem to rid herself of the self-loathing she felt at their incessant need to fuss over her. She felt as if she didn't deserve their love; their support. She'd openly forgotten about her children - chose to be selfish and shut everything out like a coward instead of just facing it head on.

She had killed innocent people - had blood so thick on her hands that she'd be able to fill a river. She'd become a monster, and yet, Klaus, Elijah and Hayley were all still showing her with support and love. And she loathed herself as a result of it.

It made her feel sick to her stomach. How dare she accept such affection when she had been the one to destroy so many innocent people. She had destroyed families - taken innocent lives out of selfish greed.

She'd switched off her emotions; completely ignoring that her own children existed and were depending on her to help them. And now, she was wasting everyone's time as they tried to help her instead of seeking ways to eradicate their enemies from New Orleans so that they could bring her children home.

She didn't deserve to be their mother. Not after the things she'd done. Not after the way she'd so carelessly forgotten about them.

Of course, she hadn't revealed her true emotions to either Klaus or Elijah, knowing it'd only cause them to be more neurotic in their ways of watching over her. They wouldn't let her out of their sight if they discovered she was in far more pain than she had ever been her entire life.

They'd continue to fuss over her whilst they put Hope and Kaiden on the back-burner and Thea wouldn't stand for it anymore. She couldn't afford to allow it to happen. She had already taken up far too much of their time as a result of her cowardice.

Her children deserved better and she wanted her babies home; in her arms as she vowed to never let them go again. So, she plastered on the brightest smile she could and rebuilt her guarded walls in order to lock her emotions tightly away from prying, concerned eyes.