XLIV. TORN

―♡―
𝐖𝐀𝐑 𝐎𝐅 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐒
[ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғᴏʀᴛʏ ғᴏᴜʀ  - 𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘯]

'you dry my tears and make it pour,you show me love and give me war'

you show me love and give me war'

♥♕♥♕♥

At the Mikaelson compound, Klaus and Elijah were having breakfast in the dining room where Klaus was drinking orange juice and champagne and looking pleased with himself. Elijah, however, was visibly unamused. "Is something the matter, brother? Can I fix you a drink, perhaps?" the hybrid mused, smirking towards his older brother as he took a sip of his own drink.

Elijah rolled his eyes in annoyance, "strangely enough, Klaus, I'm not in a mimosa mood," the original denied causing Klaus' smirk to broaden. "Fantastic! More for me," the hybrid commented, a gleeful tint in his eyes as he took another sip of his drink. Elijah sighed, annoyed by his brothers' care-free attitude and still mildly upset with the events that occurred the day before.

"Let's discuss strategy, shall we, Niklaus? Just wondering if you actually have one. We can begin with Mikael's ashes," Elijah spoke as he leaned forward in his seat, "given that they are the main ingredient in our weapon against Dahlia, would you care to tell me where they disappeared to?" the older Mikaelson brother asked accusingly as Klaus set down his drink, looking both annoyed and put-out.

"Elijah! I have compelled the city's finest pastry chef for your own personal edification, and yet, you ignore my efforts in favour of needless concerns!" Klaus retorted, smiling fakely at his brother just as Rebekah entered the room, looking tired and hung-over. "Can we stop talking so loudly?" she asked demandingly just as she spotted the pot of coffee and sighed in relief, "give me that."

Rebekah walked over to pour herself a glass as Klaus watched her in amusement, "what's the matter? New witch body not up to last night's bender?" the hybrid teased causing Rebekah to roll her eyes. "So? I had a few," the witch shrugged as she sat down at the opposite end of the table from Klaus, "it's not every day you lose your father at the hands of your brother. Again."

Klaus laughed heartily as Rebekah pouted, "whoever said opportunity only knocks once, eh?" the hybrid mused but Elijah and Rebekah simply stare at him blankly and silently, clearly unamused causing Klaus to scoff. "Oh, come on! We all fled Mikael's tyranny together for centuries! I would have thought the mood this morning might be a bit more jubilant!" Klaus muttered in annoyance.

"Under normal circumstances, the annihilation of our father would be rather commendable, Niklaus. Unfortunately, we have a greater threat to contend with," Elijah reminded him with a stern tone as Klaus stood to his feet to pour himself another mimosa. "You know, for someone who's been invited to a celebratory breakfast, you're proving quite the buzzkill," the hybrid commented causing Elijah to sigh deeply.