CHAPTER 1 : ROLEX WATCH

Tin Medthanan was running down the school hallway on his way out

Tin Medthanan was running down the school hallway on his way out. He was on a full rush he didn't even notice his half-open backpack and a loose shoelace until he tripped on it and crash-landed on to someone.

BLAAAG!!! He fell right on top of a guy, knocking him down on the ground. Tin got up immediately, and having no time to spare, he just gave a low bow to the person he knocked over and ran away. "I'm very sorry!" He shouted as he was getting out of the school building.

It's his first day at his new part-time job, and if not for his professor who took overtime with his lecture, he shouldn't be running late for work. He couldn't afford to be late for work.

He is studying business management at Sondung International Business School in Bangkok, one of the best in the country and also one of the most expensive. He could never in a million years afford to attend there if not for the free tuition scholarship grant he received after graduating high school.

He should have already graduated two years ago, but given his economic status, he could only afford to take minimum course credits every term just so he could have extra time for part-time jobs, to be able to sustain his living expenses in Bangkok. He also sends money to his sick father in Chiang Mai.

Right now, he's working two odd jobs while juggling his studies--- as a private tutor in the morning and a convenience store cashier by midnight. His new job at the restaurant will cover his time after his classes in the afternoon. He is already in his final year at university, and he is hoping to finally graduate, with honors.

Can Kirakorn was on his way to meet his girlfriend who was studying in the same university as Tin. It's their first anniversary being together and he has a special dinner planned for her at his own newly opened restaurant.

Things happened so fast, he was just texting his girlfriend Rina that he's on his way to her classroom when someone accidentally bumped on him and knocked him over.

He fell hard on the floor that he almost banged his head on it. Too bad, his expensive Rolex watch hit the floor instead and cracked its windshield.

He didn't even get the chance to see who the person who knocked him was, as he was too fast to run away. He would have run to chase him if only he didn't have someone special to meet.

He stood up, brushing his shirt clean with his hands, trying to flatten the wrinkles the accident has caused while watching the small guy run away.

"Oh shit," He said as soon as he noticed his broken watch. He also noticed a small notebook on the floor. It probably belonged to the sneaky guy, Can thought, so he picked it up for no apparent reason.

"What happened to you" Rina asked as soon as she saw Can. She didn't even come to kiss or hug him. She just immediately passed her Channel bag to Can for him to carry.

"Ah, nothing babe" Can answered, he took his watch off and put it in his pocket together with the small notebook. "Shall we go?" He said as he swung his girlfriend's bag over his shoulder.