CHAPTER 2 : ICE CREAM

"Earth calling Tin... Yoohoo..." Kengkla waved at the person in front of him. Tin was again, spacing out so early in the morning. He barely had enough sleep, as he came home from his work at the convenience store at 4:30 AM and by 7 AM he was already awake and could not go back to sleep.

He snapped out of it and took a sip of his now lukewarm coffee before responding to his roommate.

"Yeah? What was it again?" Tin asked, clueless as to what Kengkla has been blabbering about for the last 10 minutes.

Kengkla let out a disappointed sigh.

"l said, do you think it is okay if I let him kiss me on our first date?' Kengkla asked.

"Who?" Tin was slightly rattled by the words kiss and first date.

For he never had gone out on a date, ever. Let alone be kissed by someone, other than his parents since he was a baby.

"Techno! The guy I was talking to you about!" Kengkla said. "We're finally having our first date this Friday night after school."

"Oh..." Tin uttered. "Yeah... Where did you guys meet again?"

"Pssh... You're not paying attention to me." Kengkla said planting a big frown on his face. "What's up with you, you seemed so spaced out, like you're too far out in Pluto or something."

Truth be told, Tin is indeed too far out in his mind. He is still thinking about the deal that his boss Can gave him. He was thinking, if he accepts it, he won't be obligated to pay the repair of his boss' super expensive watch, and at the same time, he gets to surely keep his job at the restaurant, and he could get his diary back. The only thing is, he didn't want to get in between the relationship of his close friend Rina and his boss Can. He didn't want to meddle with anybody's relationship, even with his best friend Kengkla's.

"Well, good for you," Tin replied timidly.

"That's all you're gonna say?" Kengkla exclaimed. "You're not even gonna ask where did we meet? How does he look like? Where is he from? What's his height, his blood type, his zodiac sign, how does he like his eggs in the morning?"

Tin gave Kengkla an uninterested look. "Okay... Tell me."

"Well, we met online through this game we both play called Overwatch. We've been playing for a while now, and sort of flirting too. We made a bet, if I beat him in one game, he will agree to take me out on a date." Kengkla said.

"So you won," Tin uttered.

"Nope," Kengkla said smilingly. 'Are you kidding me? Nobody wins over Techno in Overwatch. He is THAT good. But anyway, he still asked me out so I was freaking out and also super excited."

"So you've never seen him yet in person?" Tin asked.

"Nope," Kengkla said, his smile grew bigger. "But I already saw him through his socials and he looks super cute---like pop idol superstar cute. He has this bright red hair right now, he has doe-like eyes, and cute bunny teeth especially when he smiles. He has earrings on both sides, and always wears black, which is, totally not my style, but my type. And he has abs!" He exclaimed.