CHAPTER 8 : TALK

The next morning, Techno visited Kengkla in the apartment only for Tin to answer the door

"Hi P'Tin, is Kengkla home? Techno asked as he stood by the door.

"Do you have plans of moving in? You're always here, almost every day." Tin greeted him. "Yeah, he's just in the shower, come in."

Techno settled in the living room while Tin busied himself back in the kitchen.

"If that is food, bring them over here." Tin referred to the paper bag Techno was holding.

"Yeah, I ordered takeout from my brother's restaurant," Techno said as he took out the clear microwaveable containers from a plain brown paper bag.

"Uhm, please heat them in the microwave," Tin instructed. But Techno wasn't budging. He gave Tin a shy smile.

"He's afraid of the microwave, P'Tin," Kengkla said smirking, as he got out of the bathroom, wearing his lavender robe and pink headband. "I'll do it." He walked towards the kitchen. He gave Techno a peck on the lips before doing the food.

"He had trauma with microwaves when he was a kid," Kengkla told Tin. He opened the food containers, checked on them before putting them in the microwave. "Wow, babe this food looks great. P'Tin could use some good comforting food today."

"Shut up," Tin replied, as he laid down the plates and chopsticks on the dining table. Techno helped him set-up.

"Why? What's wrong P'Tin?" Techno asked.

"Nothing," Tin replied.

"His asshole boss humiliated him at work last night," Kengkla said.

"You tell me who that is, I'll give him one hell of a beating," Techno said.

"He won't let you. He's in love with him." Kengkla said, and Tin threw a chopstick on him.

"Oh, I see..." Techno said. "But still, he doesn't have the right to hurt your feelings like that... Does he know though---that you have feelings for him?" Techno asked.

"Nope," Kengkla answered for Tin. He took out the heated food and served it on the table.

"This food looks familiar. I hope they taste as good as how they look." Tin said.

"Don't change the topic P'Tin. We are here to talk about your emotional troubles. It's not good to keep them all to yourself. I know you are deeply hurt. I haven't seen you that sad in the years that we have been friends." Kengkla said.

"Yeah, it's not good to keep it to yourself. You might end up feeling more sad or worse, depressed." Techno said. "We're your support system. We won't force you to tell us everything, but when you're ready to share, we are always here ready to listen to you."

"You guys are treating me like a little kid," Tin said. "I'm older than you two, you little pricks."

"We're just saying we are here for you," Kengkla said.