CHAPTER 7: DIAMOND RING

(Writer's Note: Prepare some tissue guys!)

The next day, Tin wasn't feeling very well

The next day, Tin wasn't feeling very well. He wasn't sick but he just wanna stay still and bury himself under his sheets. This has never happened before. It was already half past 2 in the afternoon and he still hasn't left his bed yet. He didn't have the appetite to eat, and the energy to do anything.

Kengkla knocked on Tin's door once again, to check on him.

"P'..." Kengkla said as he opened the door to Tin's room. "Please, eat... I have reheated this food for you. Techno even brought you some pasta from his brother's restaurant for lunch. He placed the tray of food on Tin's side table and sat beside him on his bed.

"What's the problem?" Kengkla asked. "Talk to me. I am not used to seeing you like this." Tin didn't move and speak. He didn't know what to do and didn't know what to say. He again, recalled what happened last night.

He felt terrible. He felt like he hurt the two important people in his life: Rina and Can. He felt like both hated him now. He felt like he already lost both of them.

He closed his eyes and took in some deep breaths. Kengkla lay beside him and cuddled him in bed.

"P'... Whatever this is... It's gonna be okay." Kengkla said. "This too shall pass..." Perhaps Kengkla was right, Tin thought. This too shall pass. He cannot do anything to change what happened. It is no longer up to him to decide for Rina and Can if they still want him in their lives. And whatever they decide to do, life still goes on for all of them.

One way or another, they will forget what happened and go on with their lives.

The next day, Rina went early to see Can at his office but he was still not there. He waited for him for a few minutes, but could no longer stay so she left without seeing him. She left him a note on his table.

When Can arrived, he went straight to the kitchen. Upon his casual dressed down self, he still wanted to keep on with the lifestyle change that Tin have him started. And Can honestly liked it, being in the kitchen and working with his crew---he genuinely enjoyed it.

He saw Tin working alone and quietly on his station at the sink, and he remembered what happened the night before.

When he saw Tin kissing Rina, he felt jealous and heartbroken, but oddly enough, it was not because he saw Rina kissing another guy but because he saw Tin kissing someone else. He didn't like the feeling. He felt helpless and defeated, and he was not used to feeling that way.

He grew up always getting whatever he wanted. He didn't care at what cost or at what expense, but he sure knew that whatever Can wants, Can gets. That's just how it is.

When Rina rejected his engagement proposal, he was utterly upset and disappointed. He couldn't take it. That's why he had to do whatever it takes---that was when Tin, Rina's closest friend entered the picture and he hired him to help him win her back.