CHAPTER 6 : RED WINE

The next morning, everything was different

Tin was avoiding Can, not wanting to be near him at all. While they were having breakfast, he excused himself and reasoned out a bad stomach and just decided to stay outside the cabin.

On their way home, Tin sat at the backmost part of the van, where Can who was driving could not see him. When they got back in Bangkok, Can dropped everyone off at the restaurant, and Tin only talked to everyone else but Can. But he made it not too obvious to the rest of the guys.

It was Sunday, and as soon as Tin got back home, he slept through the whole day, missing out to attend his weekly worship at the church.

"Why do I feel like you are sad or bothered?" Kengkla who was lounging at the couch asked Tin, when the latter finally came out of his room, to get fed.

"I'm just tired," Tin said. "Have you eaten dinner?"

"It's 1OPM, of course, I already ate dinner," Kengkla said. "But I won't mind eating again." He chuckled.

"Okay, I'll cook ramen. What flavor do you like?" Tin asked.

"Beef!" Kengkla replied enthusiastically. "With toppings of kimchi and a soft-boiled egg, please." He flashed his boxy smile that Tin could not resist.

"By the way, how are you and your boyfriend?" Tin asked as he started preparing their food.

"We're doing great and steady," Kengkla replied. "Why did you ask?"

"Nothing," Tin said. "I'm just checking."

"How about you and your crush from work?" Kengkla asked with a teasing smirk.

"I told you I don't have a crush," Tin answered.

"Oh, come on!" Kengkla replied. "P'Tin, open up! He was on your trip, right? What happened? Did you all get drunk? Did you confess? Or did he?" Kengkla said excitingly.

Tin took a long pause before answering. He shrugged and gave Kengkla a "don't judge me" look in the eyes.

"Well..." Tin started. "Yes, he was on the trip and we did drink."

Kengkla ran from the couch to the dining table near Tin, interested in more stories.

"And then....?" Kengkla was waiting for more.

"We shared the same bed last night." Tin cupped his face with his hands in embarrassment.

"Holy chipmunk! Did you guys have sex?" Kengkla asked.

"Shiaaaa" Tin threw the ramen sauce packets to Kengkla. "Of course not."

"Oh my gosh! This is exciting!" Kengkla replied, giving Tin the same packets back. "what happened then?"

Tin went silent for a moment.

"Don't leave me hanging, I will die!" Kengkla exclaimed.

"Well..." Tin trailed off. "We did kinda kiss and make-out."