CHAPTER 4 : CAMERA

Techno and Kengkla arrived at the restaurant, just right on time of their reservation

"Hi sir, so glad to see you back." Ae greeted Techno. "This way please."

Kengkla marveled at the understated elegance of the restaurant. He could already tell that it's going to be an expensive night.

Techno and Kengkla sat at one of the prime tables in the restaurant.

"Where is he?" Techno asked Ae, who was serving them the menu card.

"He's in his office, but I think he---" Ae said before Techno interrupted him.

"P'Can!" Techno shouted.

Can walked towards his brother Techno, he noticed he was with someone---a guy.

"This is Kengkla, my friend." Techno introduced Kengkla. They shook hands and greeted each other.

"Where are you going?" Techno asked. "Why are you such in a hurry?"

"l have a meeting now and I have to go. Sorry, I can't say any longer. Just give Ae all your orders, it's on the house."

"Thanks, P'! You're the best!" Techno said.

"Of course, I am," Can said as he stormed out the restaurant.

"Bye P'!" Techno said softly as he looked at his brother hurriedly walking out. As soon as his brother was out of sight, he gave Ae the "you've got that right?" Kind of look in the eyes.

"So what will you be having sir?" Ae smiled at Techno.

"We will have one order of Nicoise Salad, of two orders of the Dry-Aged Prime Ribeye Steak, two Baked Maine Lobster Tails, one plate of the Linguine Aglio Olio, and a bottle of Malbec. Thanks." Techno enumerated.

"May I suggest our Dark Chocolate Cake with Cherry Compote for dessert?" Ae asked.

"Yes, one of that PIs..." Techno said. "One whole cake." He handed Ae the menu card back.

"Got it," Ae said, smiled before leaving.

"You ordered a lot!" Kengkla said to Techno.

"That's what you do when it's for free." Techno snickered.

"You're such a cheapskate!" Kengkla chuckled.

"Well, if you're referring to the steak and lobsters, I don't think so." Techno laughed.

"I didn't know your brother is a restauranteur," Kengkla said. "You only told me he has a business."

"Well, yeah, this is his first restaurant. He finished culinary in New York, so it only makes sense for him to have his restaurant." Techno said as he was tinkering with his camera that he always brought with him wherever he goes. He started taking photos of Kengkla candidly.