Chapter 4

Ben, Mal, Sierra, Beast, Belle, and Fairy Godmother were all in Ben's office for a meating.

"I think we all know why we're here." Beast told his son. Ben, Mal, and Sierra all looked at each other, Beast sighed. "The people are in a panic about Hades, he almost got out." Beast said.

"Who knows what he would've done if he had escaped." Fairy Godmother told the three.

"We can't risk having another Villain on the loose." Beast said. As Belle nodded her head agreeing with her husband.

"I really feel like this is my fault. I'm supposed to protect Auradon." Mal said disappointed in herself.

"You did, you do protect Auradon." Ben said to Mal grabbing her hand.

"Every time we open the barrier, we're exposed to danger. Maleficent, Uma, and now Hades. What's next?" Beast asked the three teens. Seirra was about to say something but Ben's phone rang. Everyone watched Ben answer the phone then turn around to everyone else.

"Maleficent's Scepter and the Queen's Crown has been stolen." Ben said. Everyone in the room was shocked to hear the news.

"Uma." Beast stated.

"We don't know that dad." Ben said.

"When the people hear this, they will never what to leave their homes." Belle said, she turned to th three teens. "What do we tell them?" Belle asked. Ben and Sierra were at a lose for words. "Mal... what do we do? How do we keep evil out of Auradon?" Belle asked making the Adults all look at her. Mal thought hard for a second before answering.

"I think that there's only... one way to guarantee thier safety, and I think that there... can't be any more going in and out. I think we have to close the barrier... forever." Mal said with a shakey breath. Ben looked around the room to see everyone was nodding thier heads in agreement.

"No." Ben said in disbelief walking away from the group.

"Son." Beast said.

"No." Ben said walking away.

"Ben." Mal said, walking away with Sierra following after them.

"No, no, no, no, no." Ben muttered as he walked into the hall way.

"Hey I do not want to take away your dream, because it is so beautiful. And it is why I fell in love with you." Mal told Ben. Ben looked over at Sierra sadly.

"What do you think?" Ben asked his adviser.

"Ben as your friend I agree with you for wanting to help these kids, I do too. But as your adviser I have to agree with Mal. It is your duty as King and Queen to protect Auradon, no matter what." Sierra told Ben. Ben looked back at Mal.

"But do you know what this would mean? All those kids, are you prepared for that?" Ben asked Mal.

"I know what it means, and no. I'm not prepared for it. I just think we have no other choice." Mal said honestly. Beast walked out to the three.

"Son, Mal and Sierra are right." Beast said.

"I just don't think we could forgive ourselves if something terrible were to happen." Mal told the Adults.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mal went over to Evie's 4Heart's clothing business to tell her the news about the barrier.

"Who else knows about the Crown and Scepter?" Evie asked.

"No one. I mean think about it, people are scared enough as it is. We have to employ these entirely new security measures." Mal told Evie.