Chapter 13

The next day Mal and Ben were having an engagement party. Everyone was talking and laughing having a great time.

"Have you guys seen Ben and Mal anywhere?" Sierra asked her friends as she once again was holding a clipboard making sure everything was perfect.

"Ok I'm just going to take this and hide it somewhere." Jay said taking the clipboard out of his girlfriend's hands.

"Ha, jokes on you I have it all on my phone." Sierra said pulling out her phone to go over her list of things for the party.

"There they are." Evie said making Sierra relax for a few seconds. The crowd cheered and clapped for the royal couple as they walking over to Sierra and Jay. Ben saw Sierra was looking a little bit uneasy looking around and tapping something down on her phone and dicided to give her a break.

"Ok Sierra I think you need a break." Ben said taking the phone. Sierra just looked at him for a second and shock her head no.

"No, I'm fine really." Sierra said trying to convince the king. But Ben just gave her a look. "I just need my phone back so I can take a quick note." Sierra said reaching for her phone.

"Oh no you don't." Ben said putting her phone in his pocket. "Sierra, as king I say you have two weeks off of your advisory duties starting now." Ben said to his friend. Sierra was about to say something but Jay stepped in.

"Great, now we can get some us time, thanks Ben." Jay said as him and Sierra stepped aside so Ben and Mal could go up the stairs to the balcony.

"Lady Mal and I would like to thank you for celebrating our engagement with us today. I couldn't be prouder or happier to call you my Queen." The king said over the balcony. "So... raise your glasses." Ben said to the crowd as everyone raised thier glasses. "To our future Queen of Auradon." Ben said smiling at everyone.

"To our Queen of Auradon!" The crowd yelled back as they all clapped and cheered.

"Speech your specialness." Carlos said to Mal.

"Speech oh fancy one." Jay added making everyone laugh. Mal laughed along with them and thought for a moment. She then looked out to the Isle and thought about the people that live there.

"I can't." Mal said making everyone look at each other and then whisper. "I can't be Queen of Auradon." Mal told the crowd.

"Great, the press is going to have a field day with this."Sierra whispered to Jay and her friends. "I can already see the head line, 'Villain's Daughter Rejects King.' Sierra said worried.

"Hey, Ben said you aren't supposed to work for two weeks." Jay said to her. Sierra sighed and watched the scene unfold.

"Mal?" Ben said confused with what she was saying.

"I can't turn my back on the Isle." Mal said to Ben. Mal the turned back to the crowd. "We made a decision to close the barrier forever." Mal said making the crowd whisper around. "And it was my idea. But it's wrong." Mal told them making the crowd stop and listen to her. "I've learned that you can't live in fear. Because it doesn't actually protect you from anything. You never know where the bad is going to come from, and you never know where the heroes are going to come from either with out Uma and her pirates Auradon would be gone. And with out Hades.... my father." Mal said making the crowd gasp in shock. "Audery would be gone." Mal said sadly as she looked at Audrey who was looking down remembering the things she did a few days ago. Sierra tapped her shoulder with Audrey's shoulder making her look up at Sierra who smiled kindly to her. "We are all capable of good and bad, no matter which side of the barrier we come from." Mal said as tears were forming in her eyes. "Which is why I can't be just Queen of Auradon, I have to be Queen of the Isle too, and it's time that we take the barrier down forever." Mal added as she held Ben's hand looking at him.