King is alive.....

NARRATOR'S P.O.V

The boulevard was crowded with the folks of the metropolis. Emporium and salon owners sat inside their shops waiting for customers. The street had only one brew shop, howbeit there were plenty of shops just few steps apart from the boulevard. In the day time though some small stands of street food do open but at night there is virtually nothing on the street. The smell of sweet corn was enshrouding the whole street. Not only the sweet corn stall, their were ice lollies hawkers too. The city appeared normal, nevertheless their was a hearsay which was spreading like a fire in the whole metropolis that was the Mafia King has departed. According to certain news channels, Mafia King has passed away due to a heart attack, although they aren't positive regarding it as no one had seen the corpse of the Mafia King. The people of the city were tensed but not more than the hunchback man. The hunchback was anxiously pacing here and there in his chamber as the news he had received the present day had sweeped the land from his feet. In the forenoon his man dashed towards him and informed him that he was unable to locate the dead body of the Mafia King. He had scrutinised everywhere, in every infirmary and even had personally queried the inhabitants near the street as whether they have seen a corpse of a man. Hunchback even interrogated all the muggers and pick pockets who ramble in the street like an owl in the dark, but they all uttered the same thing that is they haven't seen the dead body of the Mafia King. This was now a serious threat for the Hunchback as if the Mafia King is not dead than either the hunchback will die or.....the hunchback will die because no matter what the hunchback will die certainly as the Mafia King doesn't leave the backstabbers so easily. Only if the hunchback knew that the Mafia King is really alive and is coming for retribution.

Nandini sat in her chamber, waiting for her teacher to arrive. She was home schooled all her life. Her brother was very protective towards her and therefore didn't allow her to study in the school. One reason was this too that nandini was a very delicate girl and during the initial days of her school, she was a victim of bullying. However her bullies never harmed her as most of her bullies were boys and they just wanted to be friends with her but their grating voice and truculent conduct just made her scared of them. Hence her dad and her brother resolved to homeschool her, in this way she will get her education and will not have to get terrified of the bullies. So she was waiting for her teacher to arrive. She was closing and opening her books as she was really bored besides her teacher was quite late. She was waiting for her when she heard a knock at the door, she thought it was her teacher.
"May I come in.?? " a husky voice appeared from behind the door. She recognised the voice as it was her new guest.
"Come in. " she said softly. The door opened and the scary guest came inside. His face had a smile. It has been two days since he had been staying in her house. Contrary to his beastly aspect the man was quite gentle towards her. She had observed that he would never raise his voice over her, even when she spilled her chamomile tea on his hand he didn't say anything, he just smiled at her. But he would sometimes act impudently with Martha, nandini will concur to that, but never with her. Besides the man was quite caring towards her as he would always ask her whether she ate her food or not, or if she doze off while watching TV which was her habit than he will switch off the TV and cover her with a blanket. He would never ask her to change the channel whenever she is watching TV, he will just watch what she is watching.
"Did I disturb you. " he asked with a smile as he sat down on the chair near her. Nandini had noticed that he would always sit close to her, perhaps because he wants to make a friend that's why. Nandini had no problem in making him her friend as she had no friends.
"No not at all, actually I was waiting for my teacher. " she said with a smile. The man raised his brow, Was her teacher a male???? If he is, than he will not let him stay alone with her.
"Is your teacher a man.??? " the man asked calmly, endeavouring to keep his possessiveness at bay.
"No she is a girl. " she said with a smile. He smiled. He was about to respond to her when he heard footsteps nearing her room. He looked up to see a pale woman standing on the door. She was dreadfully thin, it appeared as if she is malnutritioned. She had a flat nose and glasses were resting on her nose. She looked like she was in her mid 30s. She came in and her eyes went to the man sitting near nandini. The man could see her drooling over him. He rolled his eyes, this was the reason he despised women they just start drooling over any handsome man they come across. Can't they understand that any male can become handsome after doing gym and all, instead of drooling over six packs if they start loving a man on the basis of his temperament and heart than it would be much better.
"Hii nanu. " the lady said, her eyes never leaving his face.
"Good morning Sara Mam. " she greeted her teacher with respect, but the teacher's attention was not on her rather she was focused on the Greek god sitting next to her.