The great escape.....

NARRATOR'S P.O.V

The hirelings and retainers of the Jaisalmer palace seemed aggravated and irked. They were striving hard to engross themselves in their habitual chores, yet weren't able to. The scullery maid together with the butler did their duties, muttering curses under their breath. The chef stirred the spoon so roughly in the soup in a manner as if he was smushing the person he abhors the most in the soup. Besides the gate keeper wasn't able to read the local paper. The entire palace was beyond exasperated. The reason behind this utter aggravation was an ear piercing music. Besides the strident and grating voice of the singer was like a cherry on top of a cake. The 'skilful' singer was singing since the morn. In all likelihood before the rising of the sun. Perhaps that's why no bird tweeted near the palace, they might have became 'insecure' regarding the competition the singer was providing. His song did nothing forbye exasperate the palace servants. That's another thing that the crows found the voice and the song rather pleasing and why won't they, after all the singer's voice appeared precisely like that of a crow or perhaps even more high pitched than the crows.

"Main hoon, Ravan
Main hoon, Ravan. " hunchback danced inside the throne room. Samrat slapped his hand on his head. Hunchback was singing and dancing since the morn. The reason being that he has defeated chirag in the game of carrom. Nevertheless that's another thing that out of 10 rounds, chirag won 9 and he won 1 yet still he considers himself as a victor.
"Will you stop your whore dance, hunchback. " chirag said with gritted teeth. He was outright aggravated, thanks to hunchback's pesky voice and stupid dancing.
"Chirag was it of essence to play carrom with him. Besides for the whole night you both kept on playing like plonkers. Didn't you feel somnolent even a bit.!!! " samrat scowled.
"Boss trust me, I didn't wanted to play with this, shithead. But he provoked me by uttering stuff like I am a loser, I am a coward. I......I.....was pissed off and had to play. " chirag explained. Samrat rolled his eyes. Meantime the door clicked open and incame Samrat's brother-in-law, naksh. He yawned as he opened the door. He had bags under his eyes, perhaps for the reason that he didn't get a decent amount of sleep. His hairs were in a mess and some of his dark hairs flopped over his forehead.
"Will anyone let me sleep.!!! " he yawned as he ran his hand through his hairs. Samrat frowned. It was already 8:00 am in the morn and yet he wanted to sleep. He really abhor the people who wake up late in the morning besides his nanu. She was also not a morning person yet he had no issues with that. Besides he had no issues with her. He was contented with everything cognated with her. May it be her beauty, her smile, her kindness, her innocence and even her anger towards him, he was in love with everything.
"We are certain that we hadn't disrupted your slumber. " hunchback said perplexed. Naksh glared at him.
"You were literally yelling, how could a person sleep in such incessant yellings. " naksh scowled at him. Hunchback rolled his eyes.
"Hunchback stop your singing. Let him sleep. " samrat said folding his arms.
"Ok brother. " hunchback said rolling his eyes. Naksh yawned before stepping out of the room and slamming the door shut behind him. Samrat got up from his throne.
"Where are you going brother. " hunchback asked perplexed. Samrat chuckled.
"I am going to meet Ranisa. " he said with a smile as he egress out of the room. Hunchback sighed.
"Diamond in a crow's beak. " he muttered in disdain, folding his arms.

Samrat stood inside his royal chamber, gazing at his beauteous Queen who slept soundly on his bed. She was sleeping on her stomach with her one arm resting near her head whilst the other one placed under the pillow. Her mouth slightly parted, cuddled up in a comforter. His lips curled upwards as he watched her sleeping like a baby.
"Don't stare at her so intently Ranaji." rabri said from behind him. He chuckled.
"I have the authority to behold her. " he said as he looked at the sleeping beauty. Rabri inwardly scowled. She was outright aggravated with Samrat's obsession with nandini. His mind and heart were preoccupied with the thoughts of nandini. And it was creating a hindrance in her plans. She was obdurate on marrying off her granddaughters to the King. He was a king and kings can have more than one wife. Besides the opulence and luxury of the palace was her dream. She tried to lure the royal men in her youth yet she couldn't succeed. She couldn't trap any royal in her seductive web. Rabri was quite beautiful in her youth, she was one of the most prettiest lady's maid in the palace. Sadly her beauty didn't please the royals of Jaisalmer. Apart from the royals, the entire jaisalmer was attracted to her. One reason was this too that when she started to work in the palace, she was already married and the royals don't set their eyes on any married woman. Yet still she had not given up, she is positive that the luxury she didn't receive in her youth, she will receive it now, after marrying off her granddaughters to the King. The only problem is nandini. Rabri abhor to confess that her granddaughters were no match to nandini. If truth to be told, her granddaughters were ill-favoured. They weren't attractive in any way, on the other hand nandini's single glance was enough for a devil to fall on his knees and beg for her love.
"Mmmmmm. " a single moan caught the attention of the people standing inside the room. Samrat looked at the bed to find her tossing and turning on the bed perhaps in irritation. She turned on her left and Samrat gasped. She was lying on the edge of the bed and was about to fall. He rushed towards her and gently grabbed her fragile body in his brawny arms. Howbeit his hold jerked nandini awake from her sleep, though not fully. She peered at him in her half sleeping state.
"Ahaaaaaa......" she cried, half asleep. It was her childhood problem, she used to start crying when someone woke her up in her half sleep. Samrat laid beside her and held her protectively in his arms. He pecked her forehead as he gently patted her head.
"Shhhhhhhh!!!! It's ok, no one is troubling you. Sleep, baby doll. " he whispered, patting her head, lightly rocking her back and forth like a baby. She clutched his shirt tightly in her little fists and snuggled into his chest. The warmth of his arms was so calming and pleasing to her. He laid their hugging her for a couple of minutes before he heard the sound of gentle and soft snores. He looked at her to find her sleeping soundly in his arms. His lips curled upwards as he saw her sleeping with a smile on her beautiful lips. He gently pry his arms off her howbeit prior to he could get up, her gentle hold on his shirt compel him to keep lying.
"You don't want me to leave. No problem I'll stay with you. " he chuckled as he wrapped his arms around her fragile figure. Rabri and her granddaughters were watching everything with furious eyes. Besides what else they could do anyways.
"Rabri, I hope you are taking good care of my baby. " he asked leaning his face against hers. Rabri gave her a spurious smile.
"Yes, Ranaji. " she replied. Samrat nodded.
"Ranaji, it's 9:00 am, should we wake up Ranisa. " bindu asked softly.
"No, don't even try to. Let her sleep as much as she wants. " he said, pecking her fingers. Bindu inwardly scowled.
"But ranaji, it's already 9. " chhaya said softly. Samrat glared at her, scaring the ladies.
"Don't argue with me, stupid girl. When I say not to wake her up that means you will not wake her up, nohow. Am I clear!!! " he said with gritted teeth. The ladies nodded, scared. Samrat gently pry her fingers off her shirt but not before pecking her little fingers. He kissed her forehead and stood up from the bed. Clasping his hands behind he glared at the ladies.
"I am well acquainted with your persona Rabri. You are a champion in provoking. But trust me, if you and your daughters tried to provoke her against me or spill venom against me in front of her, than you know better what am I capable of. " he warned, glaring at them. Sweat beads formed on Rabri's forehead. She was well clued up about Samrat's diabolical comportment. A man who can kill his own parents, why would he scruple to kill her. She gulped.
"I won't do anything, I promise Ranaji. " she said with fear. Samrat smirked.
"Better for you. And yes, take care of my little princess properly. Provide her whatever she wants. You will ne'er say no to her. Whatever she desires, it should be available for her. Expensive jewellery, lavishing clothes, cosmetics, sandals or anything else, make sure she gets everything. Besides for freedom, she should get everything in my palace. My baby doll should not feel dearth of anything. " he said. The women nodded.
"As you say, Ranaji. But what if she asks for freedom. " bindu asked, looking down. Just the mention of freedom made him clench his fist. He can give her anything but freedom.
"Than inform me, I'll handle it. " he said seriously, gawking at them. They nodded. He looked at his little sleeping beauty, who was sleeping peacefully oblivious to what was happening around her. He gently stroked her cheek with the back of his hand and she giggled softly.
"Make sure that my baby doll is always smiling." he said as he caressed her face. Rabri frowned.
"Am I clear.!!! " he said a bit loudly. Rabri nodded. He glanced at his sleeping beauty for one last time before exiting the room. Rabri and her granddaughters scowled.
"Maai, do something before this scoundrel marries this girl. " bindu said anxiously. Rabri smirked.
"I am your mother, bindu. Trust me, I have a devious plan. " Rabri chuckled as she looked at the sleeping nandini.