{22}

With a pen on hand, he writes down on an intermediate paper, scribbling down his thoughts, words he had wanted to say to him, humming a familiar tune of a song that he had forgotten the name of. Soobin bit the bottom of his lip, fully immersed into writing this short and simple letter despite his environment being a little louder than normal.

Inside the cafeteria, Soobin sits at one of the tables. Sitting on the chair, he continues to write and write to his special someone. He didn't mind the noisy atmosphere, although he wished that it would die down a bit. But as long as he's on the flow, as long as he's feeling it, then it would be fine. This letter is one of those letters that would make up for not writing to Yeonjun for several weeks and for being so hopeless these past few letters.

He enjoyed writing these letters and if he were to compare it with another thing that he loved, it would be bread. The taste of baked bread, the smooth texture, the huge variety, that lovely aroma of fresh bread he'd like to get up to every day had no relation to this special letter. However, this letter, though very different from bread, contained his very emotions for the person he was writing to.

Choi Yeonjun.

Soobin admired Yeonjun from the very moment he saw him performing on stage. At first, he wasn't so interested to watch the dance varsity team perform, but because his friend forced him to, he had no other choice but to go with him. And honestly, he didn't regret it.

At first, the letter was only meant to tell Yeonjun that he admired his skills. That he was an amazing and talented person. However, as days passed, as more letters have been written and given, Soobin's feelings for Yeonjun had only grown. Yes, it's weird, but if Soobin were honest, he actually started liking Yeonjun.

He started to have a crush on him.

So these letters were no longer just to say "Hey you're cool so do your best, I support you". But now it was more of "Hey I like you, you make me happy and I want to make you happy for the rest of your life"—and Soobin really wanted to make Yeonjun happy whenever he feels blue. He wanted to make him smile, to remind him to rest because his health is important, and just to talk to him even if Yeonjun couldn't do the same thing.

Even if Yeonjun had no clue who he was.

Every time he grabs his pen and writes, he could feel his emotions awakening from their sleep. He could feel his lips stretching out into a wide smile. He could feel such happiness with the thought of Yeonjun, reading his letter with a grin. He could feel this giddy feeling that surges into his body, tickling his nerve cells.

He feels at ease whenever he writes to him for it was Soobin's escape from the real world.

One of his only escapes.

"SOOBIN!"

"HOLY CRAP—" Soobin jumps on his seat, his whole body tensing as his grip onto the pen tightens.

The younger male laughs, holding Soobin's tense shoulder. "I scared you didn't I?" He chuckles more, only for Soobin to slowly turn his head to him with an indignant glare.

"I was about to stab you with my pen," Soobin said in a strained voice, teeth almost gritting. His pen was raised, wrapped in a fist, tip directly pointing at his friend as he was so ready to stab him. "Be lucky that I'm sparing you, for now."

"For now?" Beomgyu laughed again. He drops himself onto the empty space next to his friend, "you've always wanted to punch me and stuff but you never had the audacity to do so."

"It's because it's a crime to kill."

"Murder is a crime?"

"Obviously you nitwit."