Epilouge.

1980.

Ramona groaned as she picks up toys off of the floor. "Cain, if you don't bring your ass!" Ramona yelled and she sighs as she felt something soft hit her back. Ramona eyes darkened, her nose flared because she spent fifteen minute cleaning up and now Cain and the girls were playing around. She turns around and she sees a teddy bear on the floor, she looks at Agnes who was rather old now and she still had her one ear and one eye but she didn't see Cain or the girls. "Cain, Opie and Lola, you have five seconds!" Ramona yelled and that's when you can hear little feet patting against the floor, she looks in the kitchen hall area and Cain comes into the living room with a look of guilt while Ophelia was in front but Lola was in the middle. Lola had her thumb in her mouth, which was a habit that she came accustomed to and it was all Cain's fault because he thought it was cute.

"You three need to hurry up and get dressed because we don't have all day. Your Nana is expecting us." Ramona instructed and the girls run off to their room, Cain stood there with his arms crossed. "You are such a party pooper." He tells her and Ramona rolled her eyes as she pushes past him as her skin became hot with anger. "I'm not, we have to get to Mom's house for her birthday and I want the girls to be all dolled up because she loves them so much and you don't want to be late to your own Mom's birthday?" Ramona questioned and Cain let's out a low scoff. "Of course not, the party doesn't start two in half hours from now." Cain remarked and Ramona sits down because she was frustrated because not only she was having a hard time bonding with the girls but they see her as big mean Mom when Ramona didn't want them to see her that way.

"Lolita, what's wrong?" Cain questioned as he sits next to her, Ramona closes her eyes as she sighs. "Cain, I don't want to be the parent that the girls feel that they can't have fun with or talk to. I surely don't want to be their friend because I'm their Mom, I want them to come to me sometimes instead of you all the time. Ophelia asked you to come to your school for parents day, not me when we could have both went together but she asked for you. Lola, she... she doesn't even like me." Ramona mumbled and Cain arm wraps around her, he frowns and he kisses her cheek. "Ramona, they love you so much, they do. All you do is yell at them or you are always so hard on them. They're toddlers, let them be toddlers for as long as they can." Cain tells her and Ramona blinks slowly, she looks at Cain. "I know, they're little black girls and I just want to prepare them for what is coming ahead but maybe I need to calm down and let them have their fun." Ramona muttered and Cain understood why because they lived in a predominantly black neighborhood, cops rode through for the wrong reasons not the right, little girls are disappearing from their area and since Lola looked like her father, many people didn't think she was black at all so Lola was coddled a lot more than Ophelia because she was confused about who she was all the time, she is only two.

"Ramona, we have good girls.. A very tough and smart ones at that, there's no need to worry." Cain assured her and Ramona nodded as she gets up, she looks at Cain and she leans down, quickly kisses him. "I know and I'm trying. Could you please get the girls dress?" Ramona asked him and he nodded as he gets up, he kisses her head. He heads upstairs and the girls were jumping on their bed, the girls giggle and Cain walks in. "Daddy!" The girls exclaimed and Cain smiles as he walks over to their closet. "Yes, I'm here.. We need to get you two dressed." He tells them and the girls groan as they fall onto the bed. "But-But Daddy.."

"No, Ophelia, I don't want to hear no complaining." Cain says and Ophelia crossed her arms as she sassily rolled his eyes. Ophelia is four now and is a lot meaner than the parent's both expected. She is now at the stage where she is very... chaotic and will burn the house down to the ground all by herself, no help at all. Lola on the other hand is the complete opposite of Ophelia, she is quiet and she is very delicate but such a goofy child. With her brown hair, ivory toned skin and she had Cain's big eyes but her were more of a hazel with flecks of green. She looked like him and they both scare the crap out of her because they do this eye thing that Ramona hated to even think about, Loletha always love to scare Ramona at any chance she could. "It's Grandma's birthday, you don't want to look pretty for her?" Cain questioned and the girls shaking their heads.