Chapter 12 : Aching Heart

Once we returned home from Macdonald's, I was silent. The girls laughter seemed to die down as they realised a change in my personality. I was in the dumps, it felt as if a dark cloud had cast over me.

My head hung low as Sam drove us to the apartment. The radio softly played in the background and the girls began to converse about something, but I really didn't pay much attention to what they were saying.

I nodded my head along and whenever they asked if I'm alright, I'd casually tell them that my stomach was aching, and I wasn't lying, I was partially telling the truth.

"Sorry we couldn't make you forget about...well what tomorrow would be." Jessica apologises and gently rubs circles in my back.

"Hey, it's not anything to apologies about. I'm fine, I really am." That took a lot of energy to lie to effortlessly. I throw them the most fake, happiest smile I could without it looking as if I was acting.

Like Tom said, I was actually good at acting. And I only realised that now...he actually spoke the truth. All the girls nodded their heads Sam looks in the mirror at me and then smiles and placed her gaze back to the road.

At the apartment we had a Harry Potter marathon, only being able to get into 5 of the movies before we all began to grow tired. We parted ways as we made our way to bed, Jessica already passed out on the sofa.

I entered my room and closed my door, and I was immediately hit with cold and crisp, fresh air. I leaned my back against the door as I immediately remember how my day panned out, the day I first encountered Tom.

I smiled at the memory, my smile grew as I remembered my coffee splattering over my coat and jeans. But I smiled even more as I remember him, how he looked at day and what he wore, it was the first time I saw him face-to-face...

---Flashback---
(CHAPTER 1)

The vibration of my phone in pocket grabbed my attention and then suddenly my coffee went flying on my jacket and jeans.

"I am so sorry." A voice says.

I look at the person and see him putting his phone away and I put my phone in the back of my jean pocket. I will admit he was cute.

"It's okay, it's my fault, I was distracted by my phone." I say.

"It is totally my fault. I was on my phone texting and not looking where I was going. Why don't I make it up to you and take you out for another coffee?" The guy says.

Then my phone begins to ring and I answer it.

"Sorry, I've got to go." I say and rush away.

---Flashback-Over---

---Flashback---
(CHAPTER 18)

"Can I have this dance, miss Alana." Tom says and I smile.

We slow dance to the song.

"I didn't know you could dance." I say resting my head on his chest.

"Well now you do." Tom softly say.

The song ends and both me and Tom are staring at one another. He caresses my cheek with his hand. I was a blushing mess.

"Alana Montez, will you be my girlfriend?" Tom asks and my heart went leaping to the moon.