Chapter 25 : I heard a break

When I got home from work, Carly and Jessica wanted to know what outfit I was going to wear for my date with Tom tomorrow. I told them I didn't know. The argument then went from not knowing what to wear to not having to not having breathtaking clothing in my closet.

"Jessica, Carly. I can just whip up something from my closet." I argue against the two girls as we entered the mall, I've been doing this for the past thirty minutes.

"Tom's seen everything already. And you're going somewhere fancy tonight." Carly states.

"No he hasn't." I say and then begin to wonder.

"Your closet isn't a closet if there is hardly cloths in it." Jessica states and Carly nods her head in agreement.

After entering multiple stores I finally find something decent to wear. [Pic is above the title of this chapter]. Carly gets lost in the baby clothing isle and Jessica gets lost in the makeup isle and I bored-ly walk out of the store.

You are maybe wondering where Sam was, well she and Oliver have become official and are on a late lunch date. Her life seemed to be now more exciting then mine, it was usually the outer way around. Bit I'm happy for her.

I begin to crave for ice-cream. It was a bit warm outside since autumn had just begun.

I walk past a shopping window and see that my beanie was slightly sliding off. I tug in it downwards, pulling it once again over my head. But then something catches my eye. I turn around and my ears begin ringing.

I walk closer to the jewellery store and take a seat outside the store in one of the many benches lined up in the mall. I hunch my back and make sure to stay out of sight, luckily I could hear a bit of what they were speaking.

"...marry me?" The guy asks the curly haired woman before him.

"Of course Tom, I can't wait to be the future misses Holland." The woman said happily and then it hit me.

I looked up and stared at the jewellery store and I then realised that !y imagination was not playing tricks on me.

"This ring is so for me." The girl said happily as she looked at the ring on her finger.

Right withing the glass walls of the jewellery store stood Tom and no one other than Zendaya. I got up and walked away...maybe I was rushing into this...maybe Tom didn't ask her to marry him.

Different thoughts began playing in my head like a broken recorder. I got myself a smoothie and as I waited in line the familiar voices of the Holland family made it evident that the entire family was present at this moment even Harrison was there.

I looked around and saw the mall empty, a few students here and there but not much, it was 4PM after all. In the next hour the mall would be flooded with people.

"Congratulations Zendaya. And welcome once again." Nicola's says and hugs Zendaya, I look slightly over my shoulder and watch them.

"You are and will always be part of the family." Dominic says to her.

"You're like the famous actor sister that I never had." Paddy jokes.

My order of three smoothies is given to me, I hand the cashier the money and walk away, keeping my profile as low as possible.

I don't watch where I'm headed and then I knock into something, well Jessica and Carly. Luckily I don't spill the smoothies.

"Where have you been?" Jessica asks me.

"Smoothies." I say with no energy whatsoever.

"Can we just go? Like now if that's okay?" I ask them without any emotion and they nod their heads.

"Sure." Carly says.

"I'm anyway dome with shopping." Jessica tells us and we walk to her car.

"What happened? You seem..." I cut Jessica off as I get into the back seat and Carly takes passenger alongside Jessica.

"Emotionless. Well I'm heartbroken." I tell them.

"Why?" They ask at the same time.

I stare outside my window and see a sight I wish I could erase. Tom had his right hand around Zendaya's shoulder and they both laughed and smiled.

"Because of that." I tell them and they both look out to see what I see.

"Oh Tom and Zendaya are here. I'm gonna go and say hi." Carly says excitedly.

"Do disturb the newly engaged couple. Let them be." I say and roll my eyes.

"What!?" They both ask confused and look at me in shock.

"Can we go home now? And then can we get some drinks?" I ask them and they both look at me with concern.

"You know that drinking away your pain won't work." Carly says.

"Then can we just go home please?" I ask Jessica and she begins the car's engine.

We pull out of the parking lot and I see Tom open the passenger door for Zendaya. And that's when it happened... that's when I heard it break...my heart...

∞♥∞♥∞♥∞

Short chapter, I know.
That's why I'm posting more than one chapter today.