• Bonus Chapter 2 : Can we just talk •

"And guys say girls take forever." I mumble as I look at the watch on my right arm for the third time in five minutes.

"Don't worry love, I won't be long. I'll take a quick shower, love. There's still a lot of time left, love. Love, I'll on be fine minutes." I mock Tom as I begin to pace back and forth in front of the entry way.

As usual, Tom has been flying around the world, recording scenes for upcoming movies and voicing animation characters. He's been gone for 5 months, he only came to visit twice in those five months.

Both of our lives are hectic and I feel like we rarely get to spend time together. We are always tired when we go on holiday or come home, live is just impossible.

I've been looking out for this date, for 5 months now. Reservations and everything are set for he restaurant. We were lucky to go there this year because there's a waiting list. And many people booked 8 month the in advance.

"Tom! We're going to be late!" I called out once more.

"I'm coming!" He calls out from the bedroom.

I roll my eyes, counting ho many times he has said those words in the late twenty minutes. Seriously, how long can a man take to get ready?

I fiddle stressfully with the car keys in my hand. We are so going to be late...

Just then Tom comes racing down the stairs. He looked punctual and handsome. But the my eyes landed on his tie...I let out a groan and drop the keys and my clutch on the table at the entry way and walked over to him and fixed his tie.

"You look beautiful." Tom sweetly whispers and a shiver is sent down my spine.

I fight the grin that wanted to replace my emotionless expression. I knew I couldn't stay angry with him for long and he knew that too. He was going to pull every trick out of the book to make me smile at him, but I wasn't going down without a fight.

"You too." I simply throw back and hand him the car keys and walk out of the house.

The car ride was silent, him humming to the tunes that played from his phone through the aux. I made it known to him that I was angry, I have him the not so silent treatment, only returning a few words, not much.

We arrived at the restaurant at 21:13 (09:13 PM), and our reservation was scheduled for 20:45 (08:45 PM). We were late by almost an half an hour (30 minutes).

We took our seats and ordered ten minutes later. As the waiter walked away, soon to return with our order. In the meantime to decided to make small talk.

"Al , I'm so sorry that I made us late. If I knew that this would happen, then I would have gotten ready earlier." He apologises, using the nickname he invented for me.

"Tom, let's just please talk about this at home." I softly say to him and I watch his expression sadden.

"Babe, I'm upset sure. But I know that it wasn't your intention to make us arrive late. Now wipe that sad look off your face, I sign want you to be sad." I say to him and lace my fingers with his on the table.

"And I don't want you to be upset." He say and his thumb begins to rub circles on the outer side of my hand.

"Then let's talk about something else. How about...the wedding?" I suggest and I see the corner of his lips curl in a smile.

"What about the wedding?" He asks and I can see a sparkle in his eyes. It's something that both of us had after he proposed five months ago.

"We need to get planning. I wanted to have it in spring. A garden preferably. Modern but yet still romantic at the same time." I say.