• Epilogue : Our life •

"Daniel, stop chasing your sister around the pool and come and eat your hotdogs." I say to the three children as they run around the pool.

"But mom..." They all say.

"Now." I say and they take a seat at the picnic table on the deck and finish eating.

"Here's your lemonade." I say and set down their lemonade.

"When's Nana coming?" Ava asks me.

My mum actually suggested her name when I was 5 months pregnant with Ava. She said that she was going to name me Ava, but when I was born it didn't really match by me. By when Ava was born, I knew the name would match by her.

"When is uncle Calum and uncle Bradley coming over, so they can bring Colton, Brooke, Cindy and James (Carly's baby boy - 3 years old)?" Daniel asks as he quickly slurps up his lemonade.

"Soon, they'll be here soon." I say and smile at the kids.

"Love, come in here, bring the kids!" Tom calls put from inside the house.

"Come on, dad's calling us." I say and we quickly get into the house.

"Tom, what are you doing?" I ask him as he sets Caleb, our 10 month old baby on his feet.

"I'm going to let go." Tom says and let's go.

Caleb keeps his balance and looks to Tom and then to me with a smile and his fingers in his mouth. He lets out little gurgles and smiles.

"Yes baby. You're standing on your own." I say and he takes a small step towards me.

"Mommy, Caleb is walking." Ava says.

I got to my knees and cheer for the smiling baby. The kids join in too and Tom is smiling like crazy.

"Come on. Come to mommy. Come on love, come to mommy." I encourage him and he lets out a laugh and almost falls but he quickly regains his balance.

After five steps he falls into my arms and laughs and I plant kisses on his small face.

"Mum can we go swim?" Daniel asks and I allow them, Tom and I sit on the deck and watch the children in the pool.

Daniel was five, and Ava was three. Caleb was the youngest of the three. My baby was growing up.

"Awe, our little baby is growing up so quickly." Tom says, it was as if he could read my mind.

"Yeah. Soon he'll be just as big as Daniel." I say, growing a but sad.

"Maybe we should try for number four." Tom smirks.

"Never Tom, never again." I say for the third time in my life.

Then the door bell rang. Tom answered the door.

An hour later the entire house was filled with friends and family, all here for Toms birthday.

"So he took his first steps today." Nicola says and Caleb reaches out to her.

"Yeah. He took five steps. It was an hour before you all arrived." I say and then Harrison walks past Nicola and Caleb reaches out to him.

Harrison laughs and then takes the baby in his arms. Caleb was a huge fan of his uncle Harrison. He was really fond of him.

Time passed and I join Tom as he grabbed some cake at the sweet table I had set earlier.

"So how does it feel to be thirty-three?" I ask him.

"Not any different."

"If I didn't know better I would have thought that you were twenty eight. You still have that baby face. And the curls just makes you look younger too. The kids got good genes." I say.

None of the kids got my colour hair. They all got Tom's brown curls. Caleb got my grey eyes, but everything else of the kids was from Tom.

"Happy birthday my love." I say and kiss his lips.

"Tom..." Tom stops me before I could continue.

"I know, I know. I am never doing this again. We have been through this three time already." He says, he knew how it went, but this time he didn't.

"There is no way that I am saying that. Every time I say that, it backfires. I was just going to ask, are we done now?" I ask him, I was beyond tired.

"I think we are." Tom says and kisses the top of my head.

"Our mum's will be here soon with the kids." Tom says and I nod, my enitre body was sore, by it was all worth the while.

"Look who I brought. Baby Sophia." The nurse says and places the sleeping baby all wrapped in pick in my arms.

She was so precious. The nurse then left afterwards. I look down at Sophia and smiled when I saw that she had my colour hair.

Sophia wiggled a little. I thought she would begin to cry,but she actually opened her eyes.

"Awe, look at her. She like a mini you, the hair, eyes, nose and everything. She's precious." Tom says and kisses the baby's head.

"She really is."

"Mommy!" Ava called out and ran through the door with her brothers in tow.

"What about daddy." Tom teases and places all three kids on the bed around me and the baby.

"She is so tiny." Daniel says.

"I finally have a sister to play with." Ava cheers.

"Nanas took us to get ice cream." Caleb says and in walks everyone from the waiting room.

This was out but family...this was our life.

∞♥∞♥∞♥∞

And FIN [END] !
This book has come so far, from them meeting,
to them dating, to them being engaged and to having a family.
Now this is what I call a book. Thank you all for your patience and lovely comments, I appreciate them all. And the votes too.
For me the moral of this entire thing is, keep at what you love!
Comment