Chapter 36 - Christmas day

I open my eyes to see Tom by his bedroom window looking out at the city. I watch him sip on his hot chocolate - one of the classic Christmas drinks.

He turns around and sees me staring at him. He smiles and walks over to me and places a kiss on my lips.

"Good morning beautiful." He says.

"Good morning handsome." I say, sounding sleepy.

"Merry Christmas love." He says.

"Thank you. Merry Christmas." I say and kiss his lips again.

"What's the time?" I ask him.

"Almost 10. We should get baking if we don't want to show up at my mum's without a cake, ginger bread biscuits and cookies." Tom says and I nod my head.

Tom leaves the room and comes back with two plane tickets in his hand to Paris for Easter time.

"Thank you babe." I say.

"I'll give you your Christmas gift tonight." He says.

"So this isn't a Christmas gift?" I ask him.

"No, it's just something extra." He says.

"Gosh, I love you." I say and kiss his cheek.

I take a shower and then get dressed in a a red hoodie and blsck leggings and put my hair into a ponytail.

Tom and I get baking and thankfully that did not turn into a mess. Before we left I put on an outfit that I put together a day ago. I haven't had time to go shopping for something for Christmas so a just went through the clothes of what I had in my closet.

We arrived at his mother's home and helped to set up for the guests that were coming : my family, except my mother since she was spending Christmas at Matt's family, the girls and their boyfriends, Harrison and his family and Tom's family.

We entered the house and were immediately hit by the wonderful smell of the food that had been prepared.

"It smells devine Nicola." I say to her and she smiles.

"Hello there dear. The cake you can put down there along with your other baked goods. It's so great to see you again." She says and hugs me.

"You too." I say and place the cake and backed good down on an unoccupied area on the counter.

Within the next hour everyone had shown up and we had gotten to know one another more. It was nice to see Tom with his family, especially he younger cousins, nieces and nephews. Tom loved being joy and making people laugh and that was one thing that I loved.

I walk over to Carly to find her little baby awake as could be. I gently place her in my arms and begin to play with her little fingers. I spoke to her sweetly, whispering and sang nursery rhymes to her.

She looked at me and just stared, as if saying, "you do know that I don't understand you right?"

She was just a bundle of joy. She bring happiness wherever she was. She was outgoing like Carly, she always loved meeting new people but yet she was like Calum, inquisitive too.

Lunch and early supper at Tom's mother's was amazing. Getting to meet his family was eventually, especially when his cousins and aunts would tell me stories of Tom when he grew up.

Tom would shy away usually as they spoke about his younger self and many times he would blush and try to change the topic of conversation. Busy his family was persistent telling those stories.

"So Alana. I hear that you were a photographer like Nicola." Tom's uncle says.

"Yes. I had a passion for photography. But I also had a passion for kids so I wanted to do something that involved children." I said to him.