Chapter Eleven

“I’m gonna get these, and two of the fruit Mango thingies,” Nicole said dropping the products onto the counter and pointing to something behind it.

The worker turned to grabbed the Mango lotion and Nicole turned to me.

“What do you want?” She asked.

“Huh?” I asked standing up straight.

We had been in the mall for about an hour and I just followed her around, not really knowing what to do.

“Do you want anything?” She asked, leaning against the counter as the worker rung up the items.

“No, it’s fine,” I said shaking my head.

Nicole paid and grabbed the bag off the counter. 

“Now we can go home and try out all these polishes and things,” she said smiling brightly as I followed her out to the parking lot.

“I take it we’re gonna have the place to ourselves all day…?” I asked.

“Oh yes,” she said clicking the button on her key ring and making Harry’s Audi beep across the lot.

“We should rent movies then..” I said in a sort of suggestive tone.

“Good idea! There’s a movie store a few blocks from the apartment, we can get some,” she said opening the drivers side door.

“What kind?” I asked getting in the passenger seat.

“Hmmm… what kind do you like?” she asked.

“Anything really…” I said.

“Why don’t we get a movie in every kind? Horror, Comedy, Romance, Thriller, Action,” she suggested.

“That sounds good,” I said nodding as she started the car.

I had been afraid that I would ruin this whole ‘girls day’ thing with my problems, but every time I came around to thinking about it, Nicole would just randomly say something and start talking, not giving me time to think. I mentally thanked her for that.

“Lord of The Rings one, two  and three, Paranormal Activity one, two, and three, Love Actually, and The Last Song. What else?” Nicole asked stacking Love Actually on top of the other movies in my hand.

“How are we gonna watch this many movies?” I asked looking at them.

“We cool,” she said walking towards the front of the store.

“What happened to the plan of getting a movie in every kind?” I asked glancing at movies as we walked past them.

“I don’t know.. but we need a comedy, we’ll watch it after all of these mixed emotions movies,” she said walking to the comedy section.

I followed her, looking at the movies. I hadn’t watched any legit movies in a while, so I just let her pick.

“The Sitter,” she said holding it up.

I nodded in agreement and followed her to the front.

“We need food,” she said once in the vehicle.

“What kind?” I asked buckling myself.

“McDonalds?” She asked.

“Ah.. yes.. fattie food, I haven’t had some of that in a while,” I said realizing how hungry I now was.

I really hadn’t ate in almost 24 hours.

“Fifty piece chicken McNuggets?” Nicole asked.

“Sounds perfect,” I agreed.