Chapter Eighteen

“We can only get three of you into the premiere tonight. It’s up to you who is staying behind, we need your decision before 3:00,” Marie stated before walking back to her table, with Hallie and Jacob.

“Not a hard decision to make..” Anna mumbled at the end of the table.

I glanced sideways at her and Laura. Emma rolled her eyes across from me, resuming shoveling her breakfast into her mouth.

I couldn’t be bothered to retort back to Anna. I finished off my breakfast and stood. I glanced at Emma, nodding, before making my way towards the ballroom door. I caught Liam watching me, his eyes a bit questioning. For a second I wondered who all knew by now. Four days ago, Louis’ Hide-N-Seek game turned into a Ask-N-Argue. Well at least for me, anyways. It probably didn’t take Nicole long to figure out what happened, considering Niall was yelling at people, but I wondered if she had told Harry or any of the other boys.

Emma hadn’t been told anything, but she’s not dumb.

I pulled my eyes from Liam, not giving into his stare. I kept walking, bursting out the ballroom and into the hallway.

“You can’t just sear—” Nicole’s words cut off when I ran into her.

She quickly turned around, her expression changing from agitated to something of a mixture of embarrassment and, maybe, pity. Niall’s expression, who stood in front of her, or now behind, stood in the category of angry. I was pretty sure it was directed at me, too.

I didn’t even apologize to Nicole, I brushed past her and continued on my way to the elevators, to get back to my room. I wasn’t bothered by the fact that Niall was angry with me, but I couldn’t think of a reason he could be angry with me.

Sure, I kind of went off on him the other night, but I was the one that should be angry, even though I wasn’t. I was when in the moment, but now I was just.. tired. Of drama, problems, people, annoying people, being bothered, life.

I just wanted things to just fix themselves and get back to normal.

Back. Back. Back. All the way the way back to before my Dad died. Yes. That would be so much better. Perfect, actually.

Some voice in the back of my head told me that no it wouldn’t be perfect. Because then I wouldn’t have been sent off on this trip. Yes, I had been accepted into before my Dad died, but he had told me I wasn’t going, because he had a vacation planned. Then he died and I was forced to go on this trip. I was forced to meet Niall.

I slammed my key into door and opened it. I set my coffee down, knocking over the empty one that I had finished off about 30 minutes ago. I wiped up the small drops of coffee that had spilled and picked up the other several cups lying around and dumped them in the trash.

My phone beeped from the table, showing a text from Emma.

“OH MAAAHH GAWWWDD!!! I JUST MET WILL SMITH!! I JUST HUGGED WILL SMITH!!”

I texted back a reply, though it wasn’t nearly as enthusiastic as her.

“We r goin 2 the after party,” She said now calmly.

I didn’t bother replying to that, I just set my phone back down before grabbing coffee, taking a sip. I was now breaking the 48 hour mark without any sleep. I had dozed off here and there, but not enough to actually hit the dream mark. And I didn’t want to. I was drowning myself in coffee to keep from falling out.

I tried reading, writing, drawing, watching TV, everything, but I was bored. I kind of wished I would’ve taken Emma up on her offer to stay back at the hotel and I go to the Men In Black 3 premiere, but in some ways I was glad I hadn’t.