Epilogue

“Well, Miss Casse,” the Doctor looked at me proudly. “I must say: you’ve had a tremendous recovery.”

Yes, thank you, I know. Can I go now?

“Now, “ nope,  “if anything starts to bother you again, you be sure to call me immediately.”

I nodded, agreeing as I fiddled with the bracelet on my wrist. Twisting it back and forth over my scar, the black and white woven threads felt soft against my skin. No one noticed it, even though I had been here over two months. I never took the thing off. Just looking at it, I felt warmer inside. Just the thought of him made everything seize to exist around me.

**

“I just want you to be happy,” Niall said the night I found out he had contacted my grandparents I hadn’t spoken to in ages. 

Even though I angry that he dug into my personal health and family business, I was glad I didn’t have to hide anything anymore because I couldn’t bear telling him. He already knew everything, besides what I thought on the matter, which I enlightened him with after the facts, but he didn’t care about how messed up I was. He cared about getting me the legitimate help I needed instead of being doped up day to day just because nobody wants to deal with me.

He had found out that my dad’s parents, that my mom forced a loss of contact with years ago, had been traveling all over the world. Alaska, Spain, Italy, Africa, the Bahamas. They stayed in different places for different amounts of time. But when Niall finally contacted them with their current phone number, they were residing in Canada. Toronto to be exact. Niall worked out a plan to keep me from my mothers grasp. Big deal with legal documents, don’t know all the details. But my mom and Adam no longer had custody of me after the 5th of June. My grandma and grandpa have assured me that I could keep contact with them, but they called them lunatics and said I was better off without them. That I agreed with. I can’t say the whole scenario went down without major drama and fights. But Niall is hated massively by my mom and Adam, though I could careless considering my grandparents love him. I barely know the couple but they’re amazing. They explained their hate towards the family split and promised to take care of me, to both Niall and I.

Even though it was Niall’s idea for me to be with them, he was reluctant to send me off when someone again. I hadn’t realized how much he cared about me. He practically said he hates my mother because of what she put me through and the reason he went through all the trouble to find my grandparents and get me into the right treatment center is because he wants me to as healthy as possible so he doesn’t have to worry about me when he’s away, but he said he doubts he won’t anyway.

He just wants to be sure I’m no longer thinking of the possibilities of suicide. He was sure to explain his exact feelings toward me and how much he cares and wants me perfectly the way I am, even if I am mental (his words exactly). He said he needs me in tip-top shape so I can learn how to beat him and boys in Guitar Hero. Mostly him, though.

Due to Niall’s reluctance on my leaving him, he made a deal with my grandparents. 

**

I watched my grandpa load my things into the car. Even at his age, he looked extremely healthy and a lot younger. He and my grandma were both pretty athletic and outgoing. They were calm when it came to listening and didn’t push a matter when it was touchy. They sometimes reminded me of a couple of teenagers, but they were serious when needed. I liked that about them. I was glad to be going home with them. Home to  their new house in London, England.

The August sun of was still high in the sky, beating down on my bare shoulders that weren’t covered by my Notre Dame tank top.

Visiting wasn’t aloud in the center, but I was able to get things delivered to me, like clothes and other things from family and/or friends.