Chapter Twenty One

I had managed it. And I was exhausted. I was still managing it too, but it was taking everything in me to do so.

I just wish Nicole would’ve warned me that we’d be joining a certain Irishman for breakfast, and it would be a bit easier. A bit. Not much.

“The girls said they needed to finish packing,” Louis stated as I picked up my coffee.

“Yeah, I bet,” I mumbled as I took a sip.

“What?” Niall asked, catching it.

I sat my coffee down, looking at him. I shouldn’t have done it, my chest was constricting, but if I chose to ignore him, then I’d look weak. I didn’t hold back myself to look weak.

“Just… maybe you should take Anna up on her offer.. quiet a nice tongue she’s got.. doesn’t know when to stop,” I said, my tone nicer than it should’ve been, but it fit to my hint of sarcasm.

I stood, slinging my bag over my shoulder, and grabbed my coffee. Louis was grinning to himself and Josh raised an eyebrow, looking at Niall who just stared at me, his expression blank.

“See you later, Louis,” I said as I walked off, dumping my left over food in the trash, and making my way out the door.

Maybe I shouldn’t have said that. I mean, it was clear we were both still agitated over our fight last night, but that’s not what I want him to do to get over it. Would he take up the offer? Had he already? I shook my head, ridding myself of the mental image of Anna and Niall sleeping together. Not what I wanted.

Nicole was on a rampage to find Harry and get the whole story on what happened between him and Laura last night/this morning. She was probably already to the hotel now.

I hurried across the street, seeing the hotel entrance. Anna and Laura were already back too. I had left Emma asleep when I left earlier. I didn’t know where Zayn and Liam were.

I jabbed the elevator button and waited.

I was already packed, I was up all night so I had time to do it. I dumped the rest of my coffee in a trash can as I made my way down the hall. I knocked on the door, hoping she was here.

After a few beats, and deciding no one was gonna answer, the door slung open, revealing a shirtless Harry.

“What?” He asked in a hateful tone.

“Did Nicole get back?” I asked, ignoring it.

“You don’t know where she is?” He asked, his tone changing.

“She left McDonald’s about 10 minutes ago, I thought she was coming back here,” I said, shaking my head.

“We leave in about 15 minutes,” he stated, running his hands through his hair.

“I know that.. you should probably find her,” I said, turning to walk off, but he grabbed my arm.

He pulled me back to face him.

“Will you help me?” He asked, his eyes desperate.

“Oh! I get yelled at for getting too close to Harry, but Nicole’s best friend is aloud!” A voice said suddenly.

I jerked my arm from Harry’s grip and spun around to see Laura.

“Hypocrite,” she said shaking her head.

Harry let out a sigh beside me. Serves him right.

“What are you doing here?” He asked, his tone returning to hateful.

“I came to talk to you… but it seems someone else is doing that,” she replied, her eyes darting to me.

I narrowed my eyes, my face turning to a scowl.