10.

Keith

5:44 PM || Downtown LA

Dream State (Epilepsy Episode)

I had been here before. This place was way too familiar. I looked both ways as I stared at the darkness that surrounded me. Only a bright white shining light flashed above me. Taking a few steps forward, the light followed me. It was like I was only able to see the light and myself. I began to feel overwhelmed. Wanting to know why I was here again.

"Hello!?" I called out only to hear just my echo.

"Hello?! Anyone there?" I called out again just for the same thing to happen. Pure darkness and my echo.

I was beginning to feel confused.

Sad. Angry. Lonely.

I began to panic.

My breathing hiked up as I looked around. I didn't want to be here. Why was no one answering me? I placed my hand on my chest and I started to do a slight breathing routine that Tommie taught me. She said it would help her whenever she felt scared or nervous. I counted to 10 several times. Still that overwhelming feeling and that pit in my stomach stayed. It was apart of me now. I doubled over as I placed my hands on my knees. My breathing got harder now as if I was trying to catch my breath. It felt like I was suffocating!

"Yo!" I heard someone's voice echo. A familiar voice.

"Aye, calm down." They continued. I just kept breathing but it was slowly beginning to calm down.

"You ain't never had asthma so I know that's not healthy.." The voice came closer. I looked up and there he was. I thought i'd never see him again. It's been a year.

"Tay?" I asked the obvious. My hard breathing had ceased. I was calm and my heart beat was normal. My nerves were calm. I felt at ease knowing I wasn't alone.

"Yea man. You good?" He asked me as he helped me stand straight. I nodded my head as I just stared at him. He had the same clothes on from that day but they were clean. The bullet hole was still in his head but it looked as if it were healing. A clean wound. His skin wasn't pale. In fact he looked very much alive.. but how?

"You- yo- you alive man?" I stuttered. He only chuckled as he shook his head.

"Hell nah I ain't alive. I'm as dead as Tupac. I met that nigga you know.." He bragged causing me to laugh. He laughed as well.

"But you right here.." I said confused.

"I'm gone always be here man. I told you this.. You ain't answer me though. Are you good?" He asked again. I nodded my head yes fast.