14.

Axel

6:30 PM || Burbank

6:30 PM || Burbank

Today was going to be a good day and I could feel it. After I had found my talent for my mini record label, I was satisfied. I was looking to sign three artists and found all three. Two girls and one guy. I was hoping it would be all girls because I already had Jordan, Draymond and myself but we were looking to expand within the next two years or so, so I wasn't complaining. All three of them were dope. Joy was the only singer though including me. So we had to make sure we delivered nothing but hits since we were the only two in the label doing R&B. I could tell by Joy's voice that she was more R&B soul and I couldn't wait to hear what she would cook up in the studio. It was honestly a blessing to be able to help three artists grow in the industry I've learned in such short time. Plus they were lucky to be signed to me because they wouldn't ever be fucked over as long as I was running things.

I was going over the contracts for all three making sure there was nothing sketchy in there. Even though I was the boss, I had other people working under me handling all of the business aspects. I still was an artist myself and very busy at that so I couldn't be in control of everything. My manager Brady was in charge of that along with my lawyer. I had a pretty great team and I trusted them for the most part. I just had to be sure. Once I read over everything, I was satisfied with the contracts terms and nodded at Brady letting him know it was all good to me. Now, I sat and played the waiting game as I awaited Joy, Rubi and Rodrick to arrive.

I know Joy was going to be awhile because she had text Brady letting him know she had lived further out towards Northridge so I understood why she would be a little long. As for Rubi and Rodrick...

knock knock

Brady and I heard before the door opened shortly after. It was Rubi and Rodrick stepping in greeting us. I immediately smiled happy to see them. I was thinking they would be late and that was not a good look at all especially for a first meeting.

"Hey Boss!" Rubi joked causing me to laugh.

"Chill. Y'all be making a nigga feel old and shit." I admitted chuckling as I shook my head. I gave Rubi a side hug followed by dapping up Rodrick.

We all took our rightful seats in the room across from each other. Rubi left space for Joy on the love seat couch in the studio. I was going to wait for Joy to proceed with this meeting so I decided to just get to know my artists a little more in the time being.

"So how y'all day going and shit?" I asked genuinely

"Mine ight. Told mom dukes I got picked and shit. She nearly had a heart attack. She ain't think I'd do it." Rodrick chuckled gaining a small smile and a head nod from me. I knew exactly what he meant. When I got on myself, my mom was speechless. In a good way of-course.

"Trust me I know the feeling. It's a feel good moment. Life just takes a completely dramatic tole."

"Yea for sure man. Not just for her but for me too. I wanna say thanks again though man. Truly a blessing to help artists like me."