Chapter 1

*Clara's POV*

In situations like mine, it's typical to say "I never meant to hurt you." or "I just caught up in the heat of the moment." Some bullshit like that. I didn't mean to hurt him, that much is true. I loved him deeply at one point, but he just wouldn't give me what I wanted... what I needed. So I went looking for someone who could. I will admit though, I went about it the wrong way. I didn't have the heart to say the words that would end our ten year relationship. I regret not telling him sooner, but I don't regret leaving.

*One Year Earlier*

Tobias and I met in high school. We had a falling out for the first two years after graduation but bumped into each other at a dinner party my best friend Lyric was hosting. I fell in love with him that night. He was smooth with his words and full of surprises. He was all I needed.... or so I thought at the time.

"Clara!" I'm pulled out of my thoughts by Tobias screaming. My eyes flutter and I shake my head quickly back to reality only to see him staring at me.

"What? Why are you screaming?"

"I said I'm in the mood. Come here." He wiggled his finger at me in a come hither motion. I cringed at the thought. I'm starting to believe nothing will ever change. Night after night of the same old shit. Him on top of me, grunting and breathing heavy, and less than a minute later he's rolled over asleep while I clean myself up. I've learned over the years, you can't wash away all icky feelings. No matter how hard you scrub. He grabs my hips and rolls over on top of me, pinning my hands beside my head. Lifting my shirt he begins sucking on my left nipple. Never fails. Our "love making" is so predictable sometimes I pretend to be psychic. He will go for my right nipple next.... he switches..... yep, saw that coming. He runs his hand down my side until he reaches my panties and stops. "Whats wrong?"

"I'm not in the mood tonight." I sighed. He huffs getting off me and puts on his shoes.

"You're never in the mood anymore." He rolls his eyes and grabs his keys. "I'm going out with the guys. I'll be home later." He walks out. His angry footsteps echo down the hall, then I hear the front door open and slam shut. His car peels out of the driveway and I release a sigh of relief. I grab my phone and call Lyric.

(Lyric is talking in Italics)

"Hey sweetie, what's up?"

"Tobias left again." I rolled my eyes.

"Again? What happened this time?"

"Why am I not turned on by him anymore? The thought of sex with him makes me cringe." I involuntary shiver.

"Use that new dildo I bought you." She giggles.

"Tobias threw it away when he found it, said I was challenging his manhood."

"What an asshole! All girlfriends have toys at home. I have a collection." I could hear the pride in her voice.

"Does Johnny know about this collection?"

"Are you kidding? He uses them on me." She laughed.

"I want what you have. That excitement, that spontaneity. I'm tired of the same old shit." I sighed.

"Google ways to spice up your sex life. I did and it was the best idea I ever had." I hear the engine to her car shut off. "I gotta go, Johnny is waiting for me at home and he's only supposed to be wearing his elf shoes."