Chapter 2

*At Home*

My body is on fire. All I can picture is his eyes staring right into my soul. The way his hands and arms moved with such fluid motion... only made me imagine the things he could do to me. The way he said "good girl" gave me head to toe tingles. As if I was being tickeled by a thousand feathers.
I turn on the shower and let the cold water try to douse my flaming skin. Damn this fire. I haven't felt like this since I first met Tobias. He used to give me this kind of heat... but now, I can't even stand being in the same room with him.

Finally cooling off, I get out of the shower and put on my shorts and favorite t-shirt. Nothing to do but wait for Tobias to get home.

*Hours Later*

Laying on the couch, I'm almost asleep when I hear the front door open and him stumble through it. I look over the back of the couch and see him leaning against the wall, struggling to take his shoes off. I can smell him from here. He reeks of alcohol and cigarettes.

"Clar.. Clara!" He hiccups and slurrs. I get up from the couch and try to keep my distance.

"You're drunk." I folded my arms and sighed.

"Of course I'm drunk. It's the only fun I have these days." He's still angry.

"I'm sorry Tobi. I know that..." I started but be interupted me.

"I saw this coming." He slurred and tried to stand up straight without wobbling.

"Saw what coming?"

"Dont play dumb baby. It doesn't suit you. You know exactly what I'm talking about. Don't think I didn't pick up on your clues." He started stalking towards me. My heart was pounding so loud, even in his drunken state I'm sure he could heart it. I took out my phone and texted Phoenix my address. I've become a master at typing without looking. Hopefully this works. Please let this work.

"Tobias please..." I pleaded, even though I knew it would do no good. When he gets angry, it's a tidal wave you have to ride to the end. There's no stopping it and no getting around it. Although for me, that tidal wave is a nightmare.

"Why couldn't you just tell me a long time ago, you were getting tired of me?" He seethed. "Why wait and slowly drop little hints here and there? Is my love a game to you!?" He shouted as he inched closer.

"I didn't have the heart to tell you! I...." I sighed. "I didn't want to give up on us. I wanted to see if the flame was still there and...." He interupted again.

"And even after you figured out it wasn't younstill didn't say a goddamn word! Ten years we've been together and now you want to throw that all away? Why!?" He shouted louder and inched even closer. At this point I was frozen, but my heart wasn't going down without at least speaking my mind.

"I loved you once Tobias! You were exciting, assertive and you had a fucking backbone! Now, you barely talk to me! You're either at work or ignoring me here at home. The only time I have contact with you is when YOU are in the mood. You don't even bother asking me if I am or not! You just take what you want from me and fall asleep. You expect me to be happy with that!?" He stopped and furrowed his brows. Then finally the words fell from my mouth. "I'm done!"

"You're not leaving me!" He charged at me, slamming me hard against the wall. Taking a handful of my hair, he smashed my head into the hall mirror. I know I felt a crack but, whether it was my skull or the mirror, I couldn't tell you. "I bought a ring for you! I was going to as you to marry me!" He gritted through his tears and began bouncing my head off the walls. I felt dizzy, my vision blurred and the room began to sway.