Chapter 9

*Next Day*

*Lyric's Apartment*

*Clara's POV*

"So tell me, are you two dating or is this just rebound sex?" Lyric jumps right into interrogation mode as she plops down on the couch beside me. Phoenix told me I couldn't go anywhere without him but with some serious begging, he's agreed that I can only go to Lyric's place unaccompanied.

"For fuck sakes Lyric." I roll my eyes annoyed. "I'm here all of three minutes and you just can't help yourself."

"Calm your tits Becky, I'm just looking out for you. You know how fast you fell for Tobias. I just don't want a cycle to begin, and rebounds are how they start." She gives me that mother hen look.

"He makes me happy. Can't we just leave it at that? Do we have to put a label on it?" I sighed. Not that I would mind putting a label on it, but don't try to fix what's not broken right? Lyric has always been adventurous but not in a sexual manner. Sometimes I think she likes to live vicariously through my sex life rather than make her own. She keeps it pretty vanilla in the bedroom from what Johnny says, but he loves her too much to care.

"I just don't want you to get hurt again. What if he's using you?"

"I'm not minding." I giggle. "Honestly, I sought him out. I'm the one who wanted this first. So if anything, I think I'm using him."

Fine. As long as you're happy and keep smiling, I'll drop the subject and be happy for you." She smiled.

"Thank you." Relief poured out of me in a big sigh. She laughed and readjusted herself.

"Now tell momma all the juicy details! Is he any good?" She wiggled her eyebrows and winked. I laughed.

"We haven't had sex yet." I wish I had a camera to capture the shocked look on her face.

"Are you shitting me!? What the hell have you been doing all this time then?"

"Fondling and foreplay mostly. I asked him about it last night but all he said was all in due time." I shake my head. "Is it hot in here or is it just me?" I fan my face.

"Probably Johnny. You know how cold natured he is." She rolled her eyes. "Baby! Turn down the AC!" She shouts and Johnny pops his head around the corner.

"You keep it too cold in this house woman!" He glares at her then notices me. "Oh, hey Clara." He smiles.

"Hey Johnny." I smile back.

"Can you please talk some sense into this polar bear?" He joked. Lyric glared at him and grabbed a pillow from the couch, throwing it and hitting him square in the face.

"Are you calling me fat!?" She take another pillow and throws it but he catches it and sticks his tongue out at her. "Don't make me come over there!" He quickly dashes into the hall and after a few seconds, the AC kicks on. "Thank you baby! Love you!"

"Yeah yeah." He grumbles making her giggle.

"Bipolar polar bear." I jest and hear Johnny burst into laughter. I turn my head to see him red in the face and clutching onto his stomach but when I turn back to Lyric, I'm met with a glare and so much anger I was actually afraid.

"Are those fucking bite marks!?" She screams. Shit! I thought they would be gone by now. They weren't even that deep.

"Lyric calm down please."

"Calm down!? I knew he was hurting you!" She balled her fist.

"He didn't hurt me. They're love bites."