19 | Noche De Cita

19 | Noche De Cita

Ace in the media.
____

*Saturday*

- Ace's POV -

I look at my watch nervously.

It's 8:03.

Okay.

Just three minutes late. That's all. This totally doesn't mean that she stood you up Ace.

I calm myself down mentally as I look forward, cooly. Why am I freaking out? I've never been stood up befo-

Wait.

I've never actually even been on a date before. What am I doing?

Am I doing this right?

Should I stay in my car or walk up to her do- ah, fuck it. Here goes nothing.

Before I know anything I'm knocking on Queen's door and awaiting for someone to answer the door.

"Who is it?!" Someone screams from the other side of the door and the person sounds nothing like Queen.

"Um.... it's Ace? I'm here for Queen!" I exclaim behind the closed door.

Why won't they just ope-

"Wassup?" A young teenage boy that incredibly favors Queen asks me after pulling the door open.

Little brother?

I grin. "Hey man. My name's Ace. Is Queen your sister?"

He nods, eyeing me. "What's it to you?"

"I'm here to take her on a da-"

"Hey! Hey Ace, what's up?" Queen comes flying down the stairs.

I smile, relieved to see her. "Hey... I was just talking to your little brother. Telling him about me taking you out."

She nods. "Was Blue being nice?"

He rolls his eyes. "I'm not a monster, dip shit."

I hold back a laugh. "Nah, he was cool." I defend him despite his attitude.

"Ooh if I wasn't late I'd beat your ass right now." She basically growls before waltzing out of the door and grabbing my hand to lead me to my own car.

I look down at our intertwined fingers and grin. Once we reach my car I think that's when it clicks in her mind that we're holding hands and she pulls away nervously.

"Oh- I-.... Sorry." She smiles shyly.

"No worries." I open the passenger door for her and I'm surprised when she doesn't roll her eyes or her have a smart remark. She just.... goes with it.

For once.

I head back to my side and get in before starting the car. After I drive for a bit in silence I turn on some music and that's when Queen speaks.

"So..... where are we going?" Queen eyes me.

"It's a surprise." I confirm.

"I know but.... you can still tell me."

"You can't handle a surprise?" I half smile at her and glance in her direction.

"No actually." She lets out a small laugh.

"Well you're going to have to learn to handle it."

I see her rolling her eyes in my peripheral view. "Ace I'm serious." She practically whines.