.56

Chan was shocked. He had never seen Jisung get this angry, not in the year he'd known him. He was always the bright jumpy one, partially because of his ADHD but also simply because that was the way his personality was. Seeing him this angry genuinely scared Chan.

Hearing Jisung yell, Jeongin grabbed Jisung's shirt between his fingers, tugging on it.

"Stop yelling, it's okay."

Jisung started to argue, but seeing the look of fear on both Chan and Jeongin's faces, he shut his mouth and grumbled as he leaned back against the wall, still holding Jeongin in his arms. He let go when Jeongin pulled himself out of his embrace, and instead folded his arms across his chest, tapping his fingers on his biceps.

Pulling himself up, Jeongin walked slowly over to Chan, head down. Spreading his arms, he stood still, waiting to see if Chan would come into his embrace. Letting out a shaky sigh, Chan smiled, walking up to Jeongin and wrapping his arms around the younger. Jeongin was quick to return the hug, burying his head in Chan's t-shirt.

"I'm sorry, Jeongin. I didn't mean to lash out at you." Chan mumbled.

"It's okay, I understand you can't control your temper. Just, don't do it again, please." Jeongin said, his reply muffled by Chan's shirt.

Chan nodded against Jeongin's scalp.

"I'll try my hardest, Jeongin. I promise."

Chan wasn't joking, either.  After seeing Jeongin upset, he never wanted it to happen again. Seeing the younger with a red face and puffy eyes broke his heart, and he realized that he wasn't even exactly sure why he had gotten mad at Jeongin in the first place. Sure, he had been jealous, but what for? Chan knew that Jeongin was new here, and only needed some comfort from someone. That comfort just happened to come from their squirrel-cheeked friend. 

So with some final tears falling from his closed eyes, he kissed Jeongin's forehead and used his thumbs to wipe tears from the younger's cheeks. Chan smiled softly at Jeongin, which caused Jeongin to mirror his actions and smile.

"Ahem, lovebirds. I'm still here."

Ah, yes. In the heat of the moment, Jeongin and Chan had managed to forget Jisung was still in the room. With a huff Jisung stood up, linking his arms with the duo, and began to skip out of the room, singing a song he had heard on the small television a few days prior.  

////

it was requested that I do 2k word chapters but my school won't let me do that so I'm just going to start making them longer! minimum of 500 words probably (besides this one)

thank you for reading!