2. group work

When the morning reached, I found our managers to be the first one who were awake. I stepped inside the living room and there I found Yongjin, sitting lazily on the couch as Jeongyeon sat beside him. She had held up a damp towel over his head as he looked over our schedule on his phone.

"You didn't do anything did you?" Jeongyeon asked him.

"No, but I just don't feel really good." Yongjin said and gagged again before he got up and ran straight to the bathroom.

That was the second time he threw up.

"I'll help him." Jihyo commented and got up to join him.

"I'm glad you got him to bed." Jeongyeon then turned to me and I looked back at her.

"If I weren't awake, he'd be passed out outside the dorm." I replied.

After I had talked with Jeongyeon, Yongjin was told to stay in the dorm while we were driven to the company building by another one of our managers.

"How's Mina holding up?" I asked Sana as we sat inside the van, just waiting to get to our schedules for today.

"She's doing well, she's been staying inside like always." Sana said and a smile rose to my cheeks. Even at dark times like these, Mina never changed. God I love her.

We finally reach the company building and we were lead straight away to the practice room.

"Alright everyone, let's get to practice." Jihyo said, clapping her hands together and we all got into positions to practice for our upcoming comeback, Feel Special.

All on my mind ever since Mina was put away from group activities was, well her. I wanted her to get better, I really wanted her to. Despite my annoyance of having to wait, there was never a better time than now to say that patience really was a virtue. But still, I'd be saying the truth when I say patience wasn't one of my best virtues.

"Ah!" I heard and I turned around to realize that I found myself on the wrong spot. Because Tzuyu was right behind me. After muttering a quick sorry, I rushed over to my own spot.

After the song ended, I sighed out of frustration when I walked over to my water bottle. Twisting the cap off, I then downed half of the bottle, just wanting to release the anger that slowly boiled within me.

"Hey." Jihyo approached me and I turned back around to her, pulling the cap from my lips and twisted the cap back on.

"Hey." I gave her a grin as I placed the half-empty bottle on the table beside me.

"Is everything alright? Every practice since we shot the music video, you've been looking off." She said.

"I'm fine.." I plastered my smile on and to say it was fake was a large understatement.

"Y/N... I know you more than anyone. What's wrong?" She frowned and took my hand into hers before giving it a small squeeze.

"To be honest, I don't know... I see Mina everyday, but seeing our fans and how excited they were over Mina's teaser, I feel like I have to work that much harder now that we're eight and I don't wanna let anyone down." I confessed and upon looking away, she reached for my chin and turned my head to make eye contact with her.

"It'll be fine, and everything will work out. Mina will be back in no time. We just have to wait." She said as she rubbed her thumb against the back of my hand.

"Besides, you're doing great. The album is perfect, there's nothing you have to worry about." She then pulled me into a hug and I closed my eyes, wrapping my arms around her.

"Yeah I wouldn't be so sure about that.." I mumbled, speaking in English.

"What was that?" She asked, pulling away from me and held my arms.

"Nothing." I replied and she stared me down with a knowing look.

"Alright! So you know how our dating ban lifted already?" I declared and she reached up to caress my cheek with one of her hands.

"Y/N," She chuckled, smiling at me like some proud mom. "Just because I'm dating doesn't mean you have to." She told me.

"B-but isn't BlackPink's dating ban gone too?" I asked and she tilted her head to the side, as if she was getting ready to scold me- which she was.

"Yes. But we have to focus on the comeback." She said and started walking away. How am I gonna convince her? Wait-

"How about one of the girls in our own group? Would you let me date then?" I asked and she stopped in her tracks. Shoot, did I say something wrong there?

"I don't care who you date." She replied and continued walking away.

"But you're crazy if you're thinking to come out- let alone have our own group member come out too and expect good things from the country." She mentioned. She was right, maybe international fans would support, but you know how knetz are, especially Dispatch.

"You're right.." I sighed. Maybe next time, when I'm as rich as Psy, I could just pay off whoever to keep my secret. Which is never.