5. before the comeback

An hour after we had dinner, some of us just rested in the living room, watching the TV together. I heard my phone vibrate and I reached over the side of the couch and groaned as I continued to reach for it. Chaeyoung chuckled in disbelief, watching me and went out of her way to reach for it instead and tossed it onto my lap.

"You're an angel." I told her before looking at the ID.

"Who is it?" Jihyo asked, looking at me.

"That is my brother from another mother." I said and stood up from the couch. I walked over to the front of the apartment and grabbed a jacket. "I'll be back by 1? 3? Depends on how much I drink." I added as I put the jacket on and grabbed my shoes.

"Hey! It's almost our comeback." Jihyo said and I chuckled, putting my shoes on.

"Fine, I'll be home before midnight." Once I finished putting my shoes on, I rushed out of the dorm and then I walked out the building. In front of the doors was a van and I jogged over to the passenger door. Once I opened it, I saw JB and he turned his head to me, a small smile on his face.

"Jaebum!" I exclaimed and the two of us share a quick hug.

"Let's go?" He asked and I nodded, closing the door beside me.

——

"The fact, that you've been doing this 'practice' thing with Nayeon for all of Chuseok is." He remarked as I sipped from the beer bottle. We sat in the living room of his apartment and I won't lie, it was nice to have some time away from the girls. I love them all so much but after how long living with them- let alone with this many people, I had to take any chance I can get.

On the glass table in front of us was a box of pizza and two bags of McDonalds too so we were just hanging out. Besides, if we went out together, we'd definitely spark some unnecessary dating rumors.

"Yeah, I can't believe it either." I chuckled. He then pulled himself away from the couch and went to pour us both a shot of soju.

"You should've gone with Momo to her sister. You never know what could've happened." He said, finishing to pour his shot before moving to my shot glass.

"Yeah but I don't think dating any of the members will ever bring anything good from the public." I replied. I thanked him as he handed me my glass and we both clinked our glasses together before taking the shot.

"That's how Korea is." He shrugged and leaned back onto the couch again.

12:30 in the morning and we were quite tipsy around this time. When I checked the time, I let out a groan, realizing that I already had gone past the said time I told Jihyo I'd be home at. But from the absence of texts and calls, I assumed that the girls had already gone to sleep.

"Can I tell you something?" He asked, grabbing a beer bottle and I nodded, turning my head towards him.

"What is it?"

"Did you ever notice how obsessed Jihyo was with you?" He tilted the tip of the bottle towards me with furrowed brows and I raised a brow, confused at what he just told me.

"I don't know what you're trying to say." I said and he sat up.

"I may be tipsy right now Y/N but I don't lie or say bullshit." He looked at me. "It's incredible that you never noticed how infatuated she was with you." He continued as he took a small bite of pizza. "She's your best friend yes, and you two are like sisters, but when you two were trainees, Taecyeon told me she'd always be in that diary of hers every time you left." He finished.

I turned my head to the window, looking at the city lights and hummed, thinking about it.

3rd Person