17. an act

Returning to the dorm for our last week of promotions, it felt like being back in middle school, going to a friend's place for a sleepover when I started to unpack my suitcases in the living room. The managers went to my dorm for me and brought me my suitcases back that held my clothes. While I unpacked, I played English songs through the tv and I suddenly froze up hearing the infamous intro for the song, Baby by Justin Bieber.

The next thing I heard were rushed footsteps and I burst out into laughter, seeing Chaeyoung run into living room. Just before the song officially started, I immediately stopped myself from laughing and started dancing with her.

"You know you love me! I know you care! Just shout whenever and I'll be there!" We weren't really singing, it was more of a screaming the lyrics until our lungs gave out.

By the time we reached the chorus, Nayeon and Jeongyeon walked out of their rooms, all complaining already without even looking at us.

"Be quiet!" Nayeon yelled and whined after. But of course, we didn't listen. So we just continued screaming the lyrics as they watched, scratching their ears every other second. When we got to the Ludacris' rap, Chaeyoung and I faced each other, moving our heads wildly. She actually rapped the whole thing I just yelled out gibberish, making the others in the room laugh.

The rap had passed and I inhaled before the chorus started again but as I did so, I started choking up because of how dry my throat's been.

"Ah! See what happens when you yell too much?" Jeongyeon started scolding me while Nayeon went to the kitchen to grab me a glass of water. The song still played and Chaeyoung fell to her knees, laughing hysterically at Jeongyeon and I.

"Thanks." I coughed once more as Nayeon handed me the glass. I took large gulps and sighed in relief once I placed the glass back down.

"You aren't even done unpacking- why are you so slow?" Jeongyeon repeatedly made a tsk sound and gestured Chaeyoung to help her.

"You know, with each time you act like a mother, you really do remind me why so many of your fans have mommy issues." I commented and Nayeon laughed while Jeongyeon threw a pillow at me.

"Yah, help me with your things. Put them back to their original spots." Jeongyeon said as she pulled out a small pile of clothes out from the suitcase and handed it to me.

"Yes ma'am." I saluted her, holding the pile with one arm before walking to our room.

"Great performance by the way." Momo commented the moment I walked inside. She had laid back on her bed while she held her phone near in front of her face. I chuckled, looking at her as I walked to the drawers.

"Why thank you. Nayeon was annoyed but Jeongyeon was the one to scold me." I chuckled and I pulled open the drawers, placing my shirts inside.

"She wasn't too harsh on you was she?" I heard her get up from the bed and the next thing I saw were her arms wrapping around my waist and I felt the side of her head leaning against my back.

"No, no." I shook my head and she hummed in content.

"Good." She said and I closed the drawers. "You won't be gone for too long will you?" She muttered and I looked at the wall.

"You can't put a due date on mental health eonnie." I chuckled as I turned around and she pulled her head away.

"I know... but still, I can't help it but miss you already just by thinking about it." She frowned, cupping my cheek with one hand and roaming the back of my head with her other.

"The same goes for me too." I sighed softly and now I realize how close we were. There was no way to describe exactly how comforting it felt when she massaged the back of my head. We stayed for a few more seconds and I eventually felt my eye lids slowly come down. Her hand that rested on my cheek made its way around my neck and the movement made me open my eyes once again. I saw the look in her eyes that she gave me and it was as if time had stopped for her.