13. a hot mess

a/n: For the people who felt like they were robbed during this chapter when reading before the rewrite (you know who you are) here you go :)

Unfortunately, we were only meant to spend a few days in Japan before we had to go back to Korea already. I can't say that those days were relaxing. We were still working after all but the headlines just didn't stop. People started posting about my argument with the fan and an entire debate started online, trying to see who was in the right and who was in the wrong. Of course, there were people who defended me and praised how I acted while others called me a bitch and that I should've just kept quiet and ignored the fan's comments. But because I was too nosy for my own good, I ended up joining the party on Twitter. It was the last thing I should've done but my curiosity always gets to the best of me.

It ended up keeping me up the entire night I decided to do it and when the girls noticed my lack of sleep, they practically held my phone hostage while some of the members got me to promise them I wouldn't go on it anymore. Unfortunately, I wasn't one to hold promises that I found too small to be held so I ended up diving into the hole that is Twitter. Again I had the least amount of sleep compared to the other girls but this time I was able to hide it better. It was most likely thanks to my body being more alert since it had to make most with the two and a half hours of sleep I forced myself to have.

When we returned home, it felt like I just woke up on a Monday. As if the weekend only lasted a few seconds rather than a few days. The rest of the girls made quick work of going to their rooms to go unpack or just go to sleep while I had other plans. When I started to work on the album months prior, I actually had some troubles whenever I attempted to work on it.

The alarm had been going off for the past five minutes and I sighed, staring up at the ceiling. I could not find it anywhere in me whatsoever to just reach over and grab my phone. That's how tired I was. I couldn't even reach my arm out for my phone that was just a few inches away from me. Of course, the alarm would go noticed and Chaeyoung let out a loud groan, bursting in the room.

"Y/N!" She walked in and looked ready as ever to scold me for letting my alarm go on for this long until she realized how numb I looked.

"Y/N..." Chaeyoung rushed to my side. She finally stopped the alarm and I sighed, turning away from her.

"Thanks." I whispered and she placed a hand on my shoulder.

"What's wrong?" She said and I frowned, staring at the wall.

"I can't do it today, Chae." I sighed, and she turned me around so that I was facing her again.

"Do what?" She furrowed her brows and I pushed myself off the mattress.

"This." I looked around the room with a face that said I'd rather be here than anywhere. Which was true. "All the things I still have to start on, I haven't even got to yet and I'm trying to talk with Mina even with our schedules- and then there's Jihyo and I have to help her hide from reporters who keep following her and it's just-"

"Hey, hey, slow down," Chaeyoung muttered, and I turned my head to her slightly as she grabbed both of my hands. "You're not alone in this. Everyone else has their hands full, but you know what?" She looked at me as I fully turned my head to her. "We're there for each other. And just like how we've been there for Mina, we're here for you too. You are one of the most resilient people I've ever met and you have gone through so many situations like this and you've climbed out on top every single time."

"Do you really have that much faith in me?" I furrowed my brows, and she leaned in close so that I made eye contact with her no matter where I looked.