10. no peace and no quiet

(small a/n: hi, it's the author from the rewriting period (2022). reminder i wrote this book 3 and a half years ago? beware, y/n's a massive player in this series, if you haven't noticed already. it's technically a harem book. if you don't like it then you can just stop reading, yeah. thanks :)  )

Across the room from me was a record player that sat on top of a small wooden table.

"What would you like me to play darling?" I looked over at the woman who stood by the window. She looked over at me and smiled widely. Though I couldn't see the features of her face clearly, I still could see the outline of her lips curving into a smile. She wore a white loose sundress and as she then looked over at the shelf beside me, gesturing to one of the vinyls. I reached for it and carefully pulled the record out. After I placed it onto the platter, I held the tone arm before placing the needle down. As the song played, I turned towards her and I held my hand out. She smiled and walked over to me, taking my hand.

I took her other hand and interlocked our fingers together. She smiled, sighing in relief and laid the side of her head onto my chest. I released from her hands and draped my arms over her shoulders as she wrapped her arms around my waist.

While the song continued to play, we swayed back and forth, keeping close to each other. I could feel her breath on my chest and with each time I felt it, my heart only beat faster. I closed my eyes in content. I could stay like this forever.

Pulling away, I looked down at her with a wide smile before I leaned down and attached my lips to hers.

"Y/N..." I woke up with someone calling name. My eyes opened and I immediately felt a burning sensation inside my eyes. God I hate the sun. Unfortunately, Jeongyeon had already opened the blinds so rays of sun had shot through the window and right into my eyes. How fun.

I groaned as I turned my body to the opposite side and standing by the bed was Jihyo, who was brushing her hair.

"Do I have to wake up?" I grabbed my pillow and shoved my face into it. Clearly, the last thing I wanted to do was wake up but to my demise, the two people who were most likely to be morning people were in the same room as I.

"Yes, you do." Jihyo gave me a smile full of pity as I turned my head to the side to look at her.

"Fine." I pulled my head off the pillow before Jihyo then pulled my arms up, forcing me to sit up from the mattress.

"I hope you had a good sleep." Jeongyeon commented and because my eyes were still to sensitive, I only had one eye open as I attempted to look at her with the sun still glaring at me.

"Yeah, it was fine. That was until you woke me up." I revealed while I stood up. Then I walked over to my portion of the open closet, beside Jeongyeon. 

"I'll be at my room." Jihyo told the others and both Jeongyeon and Y/N waved goodbye to her and Jihyo nodded, leaving the room soon after.

3rd Person

"Why?" Jeongyeon asked, continuing the conversation. She glanced over at Y/N as she walked beside her. 

"I was having a dance with this person, I don't know who she was though." Y/N took a moment to try and see if she did know who the woman in her dream was but failed to put a face nor a name on her. She just shrugged it off and grabbed a set clean of clothes from her cabinet. Then walked to the side of the bed that Jeongyeon faced away and tossed the clothes on top.

Y/N gripped the hem of her shirt with both hands before she lifted her arms, pulling her shirt upwards. It was so quiet inside the room that Jeongyeon could hear Y/N's shirt and that made her turn her head around. Once Y/N had her shirt over her head and she placed it beside her folded set of clean clothes, Jeongyeon's eyes dilated when she saw a side glimpse of her bare chest.