8. feel special

"Fighting." Mina's voice flew freely into my ears as I hugged her. Today was the release of Feel Special and the nine of us except for her were to participate in the comeback showcase. Now I'll be honest, I had mixed reactions when it came to having a comeback showcase. On one hand, I loved releasing new music and giving the fans new music but on the other hand, I hated having reporters' eyes on me. Plus the fact that I couldn't even see anyone's faces because all I could see was telescope lens didn't comfort me that much.

It didn't take long until we were out of the dorm and back in the van. Just after I buckled my seatbelt in, I felt my phone vibrate and I pulled it out from the back of my pants to check what it was. It was a text from JB.

Good luck today! Remember to breathe before you go on stage :)

Unfortunately, there were times where I wasn't able to hold in my nerves and they got to the best of me. It happened a couple of times more than I hoped to so there were a few people who made sure to leave me good luck messages with a side note to take a deep breath. Usually it was JB who was most consistent with it but at times some of the trainees would send me a text too which was nice.

By the time we were at the venue and heading inside, I felt a hand interlock with mine and just by feeling it, I knew it was Jihyo's. I smiled when I felt her interlock our fingers together. She was the first to know that comeback showcases were at times my least anticipated events to participate in so she did her best to comfort me. Bless her soul.

"I'm just gonna say this, you went too hard at practice." I looked over at her and she looked back at me with a raised brow. Unfortunately, Jihyo got hurt during practice so she's gonna have to sit throughout our performances during the showcase.

"But, you told me to do my best with this comeback." She looked at me with furrowed brows.

"I said to do your best, not get yourself hurt." I tilted my head to the side and I continued walking beside her as we walked into the dressing room.

Minutes later, we were all getting ready and here I was, sitting in front of a table with a mirror standing on it while my hair was getting prepped. Just from the side of the mirror, I saw Nayeon walking over to me and I grinned, looking at her.

"You look great," Nayeon leaned forward, placing her hands on top of my collarbone. "Oh and thank you again for the gift." She added, bending down with her head reaching the same height as me. Then, she turned her head and kissed my cheek.

"And thank you for my gift." I muttered, loud enough for her to be the only one to hear me. She giggled and draped her arms over my shoulders.

"If we didn't fall asleep after the second round, I think we could've pushed for a third." She mumbled and I chuckled, nodding.

"Yah, stop flirting you two." Jeongyeon took the seat beside me and we both turned our heads to her.

"Why? Are you jealous?" Nayeon teased her and stuck her tongue out.

"No." Jeongyeon then stuck her tongue out back at her. For some reason the two always fought over me. It's not like I'm not complaining though, it was as if I was the Dahyun between Momo and Sana.

Once the stylist was done with my hair, I thanked them before I got up from the chair. I walked over to Jihyo on the couch and sat down beside her. She smiled when I sat on the spot beside her and she tossed over her blanket over my lap so that we shared it.

"You doing okay?" I looked at her as she held an ice pack between her shoulder and her neck.

"Yeah." She smiled and gave me a nod. Then I saw her phone lighting up. It was a voicemail from Daniel. As she reached for her phone, I took hold of the pack and she thanked me. Then Jihyo held the phone up as she pointed the speakers towards her.