7. happy birthday

Idol Room. A place that seemed fun when you're a fan and watching your favourite idols through a screen but when you're that idol and you have to spend a few hours with two men who have anything but respect for you, it's not too fun. I wanted to be anywhere than here but since I was part of the group and needed the money, I had to go.

"Are you sure, you have all your things?" Jihyo turned around in her seat to look back at me.

"Yes." I gave her a knowing look and she nodded, turning back around.

We were all on our way to the building where they had the venue for Idol Room. There were two cars, I was with Jihyo, Mina, Dahyun and Tzuyu while Nayeon, Jeonyeon, Momo, Sana and Chaeyoung were in the other car. Everyone except for Jihyo and I were awake, or at least aware of where we were. Jihyo was on her phone texting Daniel and I just listened to music while I stared out the window. Now where there times where I pretended I was in a music video? Most likely, and did I get caught by Jihyo several times? Yes.

"I wanna say something," I pushed myself off my seat after lazily slouching on it for so long. Jihyo heard me and hummed in response, signaling she acknowledged what I said. "Why do people still like Idol Room? Their MCs are horrible, Defconn's whatever but Coni's absolute crap." I had this look of disgust that someone could notice from miles away. I was so disgusted just by the thought of the MCs, that I couldn't help myself to even keep my face straight.

"We've talked about this every time we go to them. I'm sorry Y/N but you just have to go through it." Yongjin spoke up and I nodded, pinning the tip of my tongue against the inside of my cheek as I looked out the window again. Jihyo didn't even need to turn around to know how annoyed I was by this. We've appeared in these MCs' variety shows for years now but the thought of these guys angering me never got old. 

"Luckily we've dealt with worse." I muttered and as my annoyance started to die down and I'll admit, I did feel bad for Jihyo and Yongjin who had to go through another minute of my complaining considering anyone who didn't know me like they did would have just rolled their eyes and thought I was being a little bitch. When I looked out of the window again and leaned back in my chair. I looked over at Tzuyu to see if she was awake and there she was, sleeping as she was sitting up straight. No wonder she was tall. 

Much later, we finally arrived and within minutes, the ten of us were escorted to our rooms where we'd get some touchups done and just wait inside until they were ready to start filming.

"It would've been better if it was weekly idol, at least we'd have Heechul and Hani." I whispered over to Dahyun as we walked onto the set, looking for the food that was prepared by the staff.

"Coni. So glad to see you again." I greeted him and he was the one to pull me into a hug and I did my best at faking a chuckle. He hugged me tightly and I swear I was out of breath once he finally pulled away.

"You do look better when you're smiling, see?" Coni raised his brow, gesturing to me and my smile, which was as fake as his respect for me, only got wider.

"How can I not be smiling? Our comeback's just around the corner and it's Nayeon eonnie's birthday." I told him and it seems that our conversation seemed too sane that some of the staff started to look over at us with caution, just waiting for an argument or even possibly a fight to break out.

"Uh, it's nice to see you again Coni." I cleared my throat as I then walked away from him.

"Nice to see you too! What a bitch." Were the words I overheard from Coni as I walked away. Great, even when I'm- keyword acting nice, he still has the audacity to call me a bitch when I'm not even two feet away from him.

After that horrendous interaction, Dahyun and I were walked back to the green room by our managers where I had to get my makeup done. I sat on the makeup chair and looked over at the makeup artist and the hair stylist. Though they look focused, they looked like they had something to say.