By the Bridge (Part 1)

Henry's POV
There she was, y/n, as beautiful as ever by the kissing bridge. The place we'd first met.I'd gotten so lucky. If I'm gonna be completely honest with myself, I don't deserve her at all. I'm still shocked to this day that she liked me back and accepted to be my girlfriend. Things have changed though. Of course y/n is still as beautiful, sweet, intelligent, charming as the day I met her if not more but something's missing. I always feel out of place whenever I'm around her like I'm not good enough to be the one for her.
I thought about this as I walked towards my love. She gave me a hug and pecked my on the cheek, slightly taken back when I didn't react in any way. She looked at me for a second, analysing my face, her dark eyes piercing right through me. I smiled at her while she questioned if I was alright. I nodded quickly and walked hand in hand with her up the road. I knew I had to tell her today. It was now or never. We walked for about half an hour in silence just enjoying each other's presence. I knew this would be probably the last time I'd spend time with her before I broke things off so I'd make the most of it. I carefully guided her through the woods in the darkness, reassuring her that we'd be there soon. She was such a beautiful and good person. She deserves better...
We'd reached our destination. A hide out amongst the trees in the woods. It was perfect and I'd made sure I'd tried hard enough to make the place as romantic as possible for our last date together. Just the afternoon before I'd been in here hanging up the fairly lights, laying down rugs, blankets, cushions and this afternoon preparing some food. Y/n loved it of course. That's the thing I absolutely loved about her above all her other wonderful characteristics. The fact that things didn't need to be perfect, just from a genuine place in the heart.
I helped y/n up into the hideout. She was blushing and flustered by the time she'd set eyes on everything. She gave me a massive hug and kissed me. I kissed back, maybe a little too passionately. We interlocked our hands. They were warm, safe, reassuring. I kissed the back of her hand making her giggle. Where had the bad boy Henry Bowers gone? He was now a softie who wouldn't dare to hurt the heart of the girl he loved. Things really had changed.
We continued eating and chatting throughout the night. Y/n rested her head on my shoulder as I played with her hair and drew shapes on her side. I looked at her trying hard to restrain her eyes from shutting.
"Princess, you should get some sleep," I whispered tenderly in her ear, pressing a kiss on her forehead. She slept and during the night I left. That was a stupid move. The worst decision I'd ever made. Leaving behind the one person I loved and genuinely cared about.
Y/n POV
I fell asleep in Henry's arms. I felt safe, loved, cared for.
I abruptly woke up to the sounds of some branches snapping. I shifted. Where was Henry? All that was left was a bracelet, a jumper of his and a note. I obviously couldn't read the note so I tucked it inside of the jumper, thinking he'd just gone out because of nature's call.
(Time Skip)
I jolted up. It was morning and still no Henry. I remembered the note- I took it into my grasp and read it, tears streaming down my face. No, no, no I thought to myself. He just left me. The one person who'd said they'd never leave me and never had left me, left me ...