Chapter 0

In a class full of whispering peers, sat Eddison Norris. A normal kid, who has his own way of standing out from the crowd. Like any average student; he studied his work, did as he was told, complied with rules and attended his classes regularly.

From what it seemed, the 15 year old boy hadn't done anything wrong. However, at the very back of the class, he sat alone. Everyone's desks having been pushed forward, almost reaching the teacher's. No one wanted to sit next to him, by him, or near him.

"I think he's staring at you."
"Yikes! Don't say that-" the girls giggled.

"You think you can take him on?"
"Any day!" The boys snickered.

The class was louder than usual. Likely after having noticed Eddie's latest coverup of the week. A wound from his nose, reaching to the right of his cheek. He hadn't uttered a word, his appearance of bruises and bandages did all the talking.

Eddie was the son of Jonathan Norris, CEO of NORVESS, the largest company in the country. Throughout the school, rumours were spread. Rumours sprouted from jealousy, fear and spite. The gossip filled the yard, the halls, the classrooms, even the staff rooms. He was an appalling delinquent boy, and many had strong beliefs that he did not deserve the title and wealth he owned. Eddie did not want any of it either.

Teachers grew aware of the situation surrounding his family. They knew of his ill mother, and his low reputation. They pitied him, but did not bother to associate with the unsuitable behaviour he was linked with outside of school. Eddie was heavily known for his violent nature, students blamed him, having allegedly seen him attacking others unprovoked, repeatedly. His strength was acknowledged by others, but everyone was under the impression that he would continuously abuse his ability, and so they feared him.

Eddie didn't want any of it. None of the lies, the fame, the infamy, the hate, or the hurt. He was a young, naive boy who just wanted to be liked.

The class's loud murmurs became intolerable for Eddie. All the rude gestures and comments they threw at him behind his back, yet right in front of him, became too much for him to take so early in the day. He grew a headache, and wanted his routinely break.

He raised his hand, waiting for the teacher's response. She turned away from the board, and noticed the young boy waiting patiently.

"Eddison? What can I do for you, dear?" She pondered, she held a whiteboard marker firmly in her hand. The students reacted to Eddie with a loud ooing sound.

He lowered his arm, "May I use the washroom, Mrs. Campbell?" he replied. He closed his book, and placed his pencil next to it.

As Mrs. Campbell continued, "Actually Eddison, we are learning something new. You might want to stay—" he stood up before she was able to finish her sentence.

"Oh- sorry." He took back his seat.

"Actually, it's fine. Go ahead." The teacher concluded. The entire class groaned at the unfair treatment. Eddie got away with a lot of things during class.

He stood up quietly, and stuck his hands in his pockets. The class stared Eddie down as he exited the room, he felt their judgemental eyes piercing his back. He looked down and focused on the sight of his worn out shoes, as he silently closed the door to the classroom behind him.

A few steps further, and the classroom went roaring. This was such a common occurrence that Eddie hardly bothered acknowledging it. He took in a deep sigh, and held his fists in his pockets.

As he followed the halls to the washrooms, he glanced out the window beside him. Simultaneously walking and observing the blowing trees out the school, Eddie felt light, and fell onto his hands. Luckily catching himself before his face reached the ground, inches away from gaining a severe bruise on his head, only his reflexes saving him.

"What the actual-!" He turned to what his feet seemed to be nudging on, and saw a boy leaning against the wall. The boy had his long legs fully sprawled out, almost as if waiting for someone to trip over them.

Loud classical music booming from his headphones, he didn't seem conscious at all. He continued to snooze with his eyes closed shut. His short bleached blond curls pulled back, his lips small and pink, allowing him to let out quiet snores. He looked healthy, but his eyebags were clear.

"What a sleepy boy you must be." Eddie muttered, he finally picked himself up and patted away any floor dust he caught. "Geez, that really hurt." He groaned, rubbing his aching palms together.

Eddie crouched down next to the boy, and waved his hand to his face, the boy didn't budge. He grabbed the boy's hand, and shook it. Although, it was limp. The boy was one deep sleeper.

"I think you need to say sorry." Eddie mumbled to the sleeping boy, "Or else, we will see each other again." he jokingly forewarned.

He stood up and stretched, then making his way around the boy to the washroom.

-

A few days had past, and things became much stressful as exams approached. During this period of time, Eddie's father is extremely strict when it comes to his teachings, and his siblings torment him. Students noticed him attending school roughed up, and as per usual, assumed he had been letting his anger out on individuals.

This month was a stressful and scary one for both the students, and Eddison.