Chapter 20

As Atlas skipped and read quickly through the letters, he began feeling suspicious on what had been going on around the house. It would have also explained why Eddie rarely spoke of his family and upbringing.

He didn't feel Eddie was safe, though at their ages he was afraid there was nothing he could do but call Childrens Services, as much as he wanted to take Eddie and run away.

Eddie yawned and stretched on his bed, accidentally bumping his arm on something while doing so. He fluttered his eyes open and looked to his left side. There he was able to see Atlas resting so peacefully.

He blushed and held Atlas's hand, holding his. It seemed as of though Atlas fell asleep next to Eddie holding his hand and Eddie felt so loved by this gesture. It was really a feeling he could not explain with words, he didn't want to let go.

Eddie felt special and overjoyed to be laying next to Atlas. It was as of though the world had stopped, or as of though he was in a dream, the best dream he's ever had.

Eddie smiled and closed his eyes, making an attempt to fall back to sleep.

Knock Knock

"I will need a word with you."

Eddie flinched. The world began moving again, he was back in his cruel reality.

"Ah, yes!" Eddie replies. He got up from his bed as soon as he could and covered Atlas with a blanket sheet, he stumbled from his sudden movement but was able to stand straight. There may have been a lump on the bed, but Eddie didn't think it was too noticeable.

The door began creaking open and in came Reina. Eddie stood back and looked tense as she spoke to him.

"About the boy who had come to visit us earlier, who was he? I don't believe Noah was telling me the truth about him and I've a feeling you know something I don't." Reina said. "Now that I've explained myself, tell me now." She demanded.

"Oh- Atlas? Haha! He's just a friend..." Eddie chuckled nervously.

"You're lying to me." Reina walked closer towards Eddie, his fear grew larger.

"N-he's my classmate and Noah found him interesting, so he asked me to invite him over to our house-" Eddie spoke the first thing he thought of.

Reina glared at Eddie, it felt so cold and scary to him, his legs began trembling and his voice quivering.

"You better not be lying to me, you dickhead." Reina smacked Eddie's head. "I'll be telling dad and if he finds out the real reason, you're dead meat." She turned around and began making her way out.

Atlas tossed over on the bed as the door to Eddie's room close behind Reina. If he had done so any time earlier, Eddie would've had the risk of Atlas being found out.

"Phew." Eddie thought. He sat on his floor and leaned over onto his bed. He was feeling exhausted and very stressed. He just wished that nothing horrible would happen, but he was afraid with the resources his dad had, he'd find out the truth some day.

Days passed and everything was normal. Eddie and Atlas' love grew stronger for each other by the second, though they hid their love from everyone else. Both being afraid of not being accepted by the world, for this "abnormal" attraction.

Eddie and Atlas were walking down the empty street together holding hands, but once they began reaching Eddie's house, he let go and they had to depart. "Thank you for walking me home!" Eddie smiled.

"Of course... Honey!" Atlas blushed and Eddie giggled at Atlas' sudden shy expression.

"I cannot wait to see you again tomorrow, Atlas." Eddie said and kissed Atlas' forehead.

"Yeah, me too!" Atlas expressed. "Tell me if anything goes wrong, alright?"

"Yes, you always ask me too." Eddie began walking to his house and waved at Atlas, as he unlocked the front door to his house and entered.

"Oh man...." Atlas gave an annoyed expression as he took a look at his phone. "I've been trying for many days now and no one has bothered to help... This isn't supposed to happen, is it?.."

He was walking home trying to get in contact with someone who could help Eddie in his situation. He dialled in many numbers who would help Eddie, though none of them came back with anything positive. At this point, he was afraid there was no longer any hope. Perhaps, Eddie's father was too powerful and scared them away.

"This is stupid, that cant be happening... There has to be someone!" Atlas thought as he was skimming through endless phone lines promising to help children in need.

He walked passed an alley and wasn't able to react when he was smothered with a cloth, making him go unconscious with a solid grip, as he attempted to hit the person behind doing this to him.

Water was dumped on his head and immediately woke him up from his senseless state. He coughed out blood and teared up a bit.

"W-what's going on? W-where a-am I?!" He wiped off the blood from his lips with his shoulder, as it seemed his hands were bound together tightly with ropes.

Atlas' eyelid stung and he assumed he had a cut on it, as well as his cheek. As he looked down, he saw cuts and bruises on his legs, he was terrified as he was helpless.

He looked around the room rapidly, trying to figure out if he had been there before, though it was all unfamiliar. While looking around, he saw a tall man standing right in front of him with a menacing look on his face.

"Look who's winning now, I have yer little lover, Eddie." He said under his breath as he chuckled.

"I-who are you?!" Atlas shouted.

"Aw, ya don't know me? I'm just an ol friend of yer Eddie."
He took a look at a piece of paper.
"Atlas Zhao, this ought to be fun!"