Chapter 12

"Where are your other friends? Can they not help you?" Eddie asked.

"My friends aren't leaches! They've got lives too y'know." Danny defended. "Now will you hurry? We don't got all day, he'll be here soon!"

"Who's he? And why does he want to 'kill' you?" Eddie questioned.

"Uhh-"

"Oi! There ya are!" A boy seemingly a few years older than himself, entered the building, cracking his knuckles. His hair was mid length, tall and had many bruises and scratches which he didn't appear to bother covering.

"Who's your mate over there? Will he be joining us?" The boy smirked.

"Ah.. Yeah- Yes he will!" Danny insisted.

"Wait, but I didn't get a say in thi-" Eddie is interrupted by the boy growling. "Yeah? Ya better be ready to have your face go inwards, fuckers!"

The boy came sprinting their way in a speed that shocked Eddie. "Oh shi-" Danny managed to dodge a few of the boy's attacks but at the end was knocked down cold.

"I really should be heading home now." Eddie contemplated. "This guy is fast, I probably shouldn't have gotten myself mixed up with Danny.."

"Now, who are you? I haven't seen ya hanging around that loser before." The boy got closer to Eddie as he walked back. Until the pillar behind Eddie left him in a tight spot. The boy held him with his hand on Eddie's shoulder.

"I don't think you would have, he's a new friend I've made." Eddie started. "Now would you remove your hand from my shoulder? I need to get home safe. My dad will get worried." Eddie requested.

"Are ya telling me what ta do? I'd love for you to see the surprising look on his face when you return home, worse than ya look now." He babbled. Eddie looked down at the floor.

The boy swung at Eddie's stomach, without realizing this swift movement, Eddie took in the punch to his gut. "Ergh!" Eddie began coughing.

"When yer friend ruined me sister's life, I had no choice but to go after him. It was pretty fun chasing him around a bit, but at the end, the mouse never gets away." The boy asserted.

"Oh, ahem- is t-that sso?" Eddie muttered.

"Yes." The boy again swung at Eddie but missed.

Eddie released himself from the boy immediately and crouched down. He was rasping when blood pour out his mouth.

"Don't hide. That duck was a good one, but a lucky dodge. I'll get you now." The boy pulled Eddie from his shirt and wrapped his large hand around Eddie's slender neck. Eddie grasped the boy's arms as his hands tightened.

"N-No-" Eddie dug his nailed into the boy's arms and without hesitation, held his legs up and kicked the boy down, the hardest he could, launching him down the floor.

Eddie feeling his neck as the boy laid on the floor knocked out for a bit. Eddie choked until he caught his breath and stood up. He walked over to Danny's unconscious body and picked him up, hanging his arm over Eddie's shoulder, dragging him through the pavement out of the parking lot.

- -

Danny blinked his eyes open and soon shut them when he saw Eddie sat next to him cleaning his wounds. "This is humiliating." Eddie said.

"Shut up, for me it is!" Danny muttered, scrunching his eyebrows and gritting his teeth.

"I thought you were a lot stronger tha-"

"Yeah-yeah!" Danny began rising up. "Keep talking and I'll sho- Ow, ow!" He fell down, he wasn't in a good condition to be moving a lot, Eddie knew this.

"You shouldn't be moving, It'll hurt." Eddie warned.

"Couldn't have said that any earlier?! It hurts like shit!" He groaned.

Eddie began patching himself up replacing old bandages with new ones.

"So... Why were you crying earlier?" Danny questioned.

"With the hit you received, I would have thought you forgotten." Eddie chuckled.

"Yeah, yeah! Will you answer or no?" He looked at Eddie.

Eddie stopped and thought on it.

"Well, yeah. Maybe I should talk to someone else of it." He concluded. "I'll tell you once you tell me why that boy was after you. I deserve to know, right?"

"Ugh. Just some stupid misunderstandings with his sister, he's such a crybaby." Danny grunted. "His sister and I were friends, more than that actually, but she took our relationship as if we were dating." He started. "When I started seeing another chick, she saw me and ran away. I think she told her brother, because the next day, he wasn't happy. She had problems with her parents, and when she was looking for me to comfort her, I was sleeping around." Danny sighed.

"So, you knew she was depending on you? Why did you break her heart like that?" Eddie questioned.

"Hey, hey, hey. I ain't no knight, we weren't in a relationship and I never said I'd be loyal." Danny scoffed.

"She was depending on you when she was feeling down..." Eddie thought. "I want to depend on someone."

"Anyway, now will you let me know why you were wailing before I ran into you?" Danny asked, he flipped over and laid on his back.

"I... I didn't know if I could trust a boy I like." Eddie stared at the grass and brushed his fingers with it.

"A boy- Dude- you're gay?- ah- ah-" Danny jumped up and groaned on the pain.

"Well, yeah. I don't know..." Eddie said. "He's different." Eddie uttered.

"You were crying over such a small thing. It's not that much of a big deal." Danny remarked.

"But, it is. I don't have an easy... life. I'm scared." Eddie explained.

"So what? If he trusts you, you should trust him." Danny mumbled. "Just try, you'll never know till you try, dude."

Eddie picked his hand up and contemplated.

"Yeah? You may be right." Eddie stood up slowly.

"Right? Haha, I'm not good at giving relationship advice." Danny grinned.

He stared at the sky.

"Hey?" Danny looked to his left where Eddie had sat. Eddie was no where to be found. "Damn, I still don't know his name." He sat up.