Chapter 13

Eddie was sprinting down the street back to the school. He was desperately wishing Atlas would still be there despite how long Eddie was gone.

Eddie wanted to see Atlas, he wanted to be loved again and Atlas treated him so kindly. Eddie couldn't lose someone so special to him.

"I want to see him, I don't want to lose him!" Eddie thought. "My only happiness."

Hoping until now has gotten Eddie nowhere, but when he passed by someone looking similar to Atlas. He halted and turned back.

"Atlas?!-" Eddie shouted.

While the boy turned around, a raspy voice replied. "Ehh?!" This boy seemed similar to Atlas from the behind, Eddie was mistaken.

This was a misunderstanding, this boy did not look anywhere the same to Atlas from front view. Atlas had so many special qualities Eddie admired, from his fluffy, light blond hair, beautiful and sparkling, round, hazel eyes. Which always made Eddie wonder why he wasn't famous with the girls.

"Oh dear- I'm sorry. I've mistaken you for someone else. Please forgive me!-" Eddie continued running to the back of the school. The boy stood there confused but resumed his day.

Eddie arrived at their meetup place, but it was empty. Most of Atlas's things were gone, there was barely a sign of him being there.

Eddie found Atlas's earphones laying on the grass. Next to it was Eddie's backpack, he had left it behind when running away. Eddie felt sudden regret.

"This wasn't supposed to happen. I want to see him..." Eddie thought. He fell to his knees and tears rolled down his cheeks.

"I was too slow, I need to find him but it's late now." Eddie wiped his tears.

"I have his earbuds. I'll return them in the morning tomorrow and I'll confess to him." He came to the conclusion and held Atlas's earphones. He neatly rolled them up so they wouldn't damage. Eddie was rummaging around his bag for a case he had kept as extra, when he found it, he put them in and shut it.

Eddie grabbed his back pack, checking back for anything else he may have missed before making his way back to his house.

- -

When Eddie woke up for another day of school, he quickly got dressed and took his back pack with him to the front door.

His family didn't seem to be awake, Eddie had woken quite early. He quietly made his way out the door and to school.

Before going to the building, he passed by his work place.

"Would it be too much to buy Atlas flowers?" Eddie contemplated. "Maybe it will make him happy. I wonder what the look on his face will be."

Eddie wanted to resolve this issue and be with Atlas, he thought a gift would help with this.

Eddie went into the store and picked out a flower he thought Atlas might like. An employee working that day took Eddie's order and allowed him to write a note with it.

Eddie wanted to write the truth and only the truth, when he thought of something. "You make me feel like I'm on the moon every time I'm around you. Atlas Zhao, you're the best thing that has happened to me. - Eddie"

Eddie was certain Atlas would like this, but a bit hesitant at first. "I have better get to school before I'm late." Eddie thought and made his way to school.

Thankfully, wasn't late. Though, when Eddie searched through the heads of students in the halls, he was unable to find anyone looking similar to Atlas.

He thought maybe Atlas had once again skipped classes, which worried Eddie a bit. He thought of many possibilities and reasons why Atlas wasn't there. But still kept his hopes up. Atlas was always sleepy, he had told Eddie it was because of music he'd work on all night. Eddie loved the music Atlas produces, but always fret on his health. Eddie thought Atlas was out at the back of the school, napping.

He held his backpack tight and sighed, he then made his way to class.

- -

Once school ended, Eddie made his way to the back and found the tree they'd sit next to. Eddie and Atlas would talk for hours on end about many subjects. Eddie has just never told Atlas about the situation with his family. Though, Eddie never lied either, he just avoided talking about family.

He investigated around that spot and didn't find Atlas. Eddie wondered if he left early or if he had not gone to school that day. But still, Eddie kept his head and guard up incase Atlas was late for meeting up. Eddie sat down next to the tree and zipped open his backpack for the white rose he had bought. He thought Atlas would like it since he'd talk about it, ever so often. He'd talk about the stem to the petals. Atlas also favoured white.

Eddie always thought it was cute Atlas liked white. To him, Atlas was very innocent and white symbolizes that.

Eddie twirled the rose around and waited.

- -

Time passed and he knew he had to go home, but didn't want to leave incase Atlas was late. But at the same time, Eddie thought Atlas didn't go to school that day.

"It's all my fault. I shouldn't have run away." Eddie looked at the rose. It was getting late and Eddie was getting fatigue. Eddie hoped he see Atlas tomorrow, he picked himself up, took his backpack and brought the rose and note home in his hand.

When walking down the street Reina exits out of a coffee shop. Eddie flinched and began backing away if Reina hadn't seen him.

"You?! Why aren't you home yet?!" Reina shouted.

"A flower? Was this supposed to be for your girlfriend?" Reina scoffed. "I told you she doesn't love you didn't I?" Reina forcefully snatched the rose and note. "Let's see what we have here.." Reina read the note with a confused but angered expression on her face.

"Atlas? What a stupid name for a girl. It's so weird!" Reina guffawed.

"No it isn't!" Eddie spoke out.

"I say it is when it is you little shit." She sneered.

Eddie knew she was wrong, Atlas's name sounded unique and nice. He had no idea on what his sister was talking about.

"Hm... Well, we won't be needing this, will we?" Reina ripped up the paper into big chunks and crumpled it. Then, took the flower and crushed it with her hands. The petals all ripped to torn. Eddie began tearing up, but tried his best holding in his cries. He didn't want to seem weak.

Reina dropped both the flower and note to the ground and stomped on it.

"Haa, we're finished. Now let's get home, maybe you'll get a beating from dad." She giggled and grabbed onto Eddie's hand very tight, almost dragging him home.

Without noticing, Eddie was followed. Someone picked up the note and read the name "Atlas Zhao."