Chapter 22

Danny had brought Eddie to a building, it looked empty and rusted. Most likely an abandoned apartment complex.

Eddie hopped off Danny's motorcycle, Danny followed and turned back to shut off his vehicle. "He's here?" Eddie questioned. He stared tensely at the building, waiting for a response.

"Yep, he brought me here about 7 times. It felt like a nightmare each time." Danny laughed nervously. He then quickly continued, turned around and composed himself. "But of course, I got out of there in a jiffy. He is no match for me." He bragged.

"Alright. Show me the way inside." Eddie looked at Danny. Danny nodded anxiously, and proceeded to take the lead as Eddie followed him into the ominous building.

Danny and Eddie's first view with their entry was deteriorating walls and floors, boxes, trash and mold. The room was the lobby, the smell in there was foul and unpleasant, Danny wanted to get out of there soon. It was cold, and their voices echoed the empty and cold room.

"Here we are!" Danny said. "That grizzly bear should be near. It won't be hard for you to find him from here." He smiled, looking back at Eddie. "Anyways, now that I've finished here, I'll get go-"

"Call him out." Eddie ordered.

"Eh? You mean Atlas?" Danny smirked, confused.

"No. Call out the bear." He stared cruelly at Danny.

"Oh, err..." Danny turned around. He chuckled nervously, and took in a deep breath. "Why can't you do it? You chickening out?" Danny stared back, it almost hurt to glance at Eddie's narrow eyes.

"Do it, now." Eddie placed his hand on Danny's shoulder. He tightened his grip on Danny the more furious he grew. "Damn! That hurts!" Danny pulled Eddie's arm away. "I got it! Let go!" He nudged at Eddie's hand, Eddie let his arm fall back into his pocket. Danny took in a deep breath, he looked as if he was ready to let out a scream.

"G-Grizz-l-l-" Danny squeaked. Eddie thought it was like an interaction between a bear and a mice. "What the hell was that?" Eddie asked.

"Y'know man... I might just have to sit this one out. I-I ain't feeling myself today." He shrugged. "I gotta sore throat... the weather did something to me. I'm sure you'd understand where I'm coming from." He smiled cautiously. He soon attempted to run off, before Eddie caught him by his hood.

"Well I am feeling myself today. And you are going to help me find that fucking bear." Eddie snarled. Danny slowly turned his head back, and saw Eddie pulling harshly on his hoodie. There was no way he'd let go easily. Eddie looked terrifying. An aroma left him that gave Danny goosebumps.

"Shit! Fine!" Danny complained. "But if I die, I am going to fucking haunt you." He stomped away. Eddie followed him.

"You FACKING BEAR!" Danny shouted. "Come out, BITCH!" He taunted as he and Eddie walked down the halls, he let his anger get the best of him.

Eddie's eyes wandered their surroundings. Everything was worn down and old. "Don't be a scaredy cat, asshole." Danny mumbled as he realized he was being too loud. He slowed down, his voice had echoed the halls as he yelled.

Heavy footsteps approached them. Danny soon froze. He was much more silent than he had been before. Eddie noticed Danny's sudden stop in his tracks.

"If it ain't Danny..." The voice chuckled. "I was waiting for someone, but wasn't expecting ya of all people." Danny grasped Eddie's arm.

Suddenly, there was a loud thud. "The pussy taunting me? This the same kid that pissed his pants just by taking a look at me?" The walking continued, the voice was menacing. Steps growing louder and louder. From the darkness, he appeared. "Oh, ya brought a feller with you. Just the guy I was looking for." He said.

The bear picked up speed, he ran at Danny and attacked him with a punch. He looked down at Danny as he had ducked down, dodging his blow. Danny held his head shaking. "I'M OUT OF HERE." He shouted as he stood up and backed away swiftly. "Fuck you! I didn't ask for this!" He cried, while dashing away.

"Pussy." The bear scoffed, he put down his arm. Eddie glared at him, with his hands in his pockets.

"Where is Atlas?" Eddie asked. They stood there staring at each other for a moment. The silence echoed the halls.

"Dead." The bear said. "Your mate's dead, ya fag." He assured.

Eddie's eyes widened. Shock filled his face. "No." Eddie replied. "Atlas is here. Bring me to him now." He argued, he wasn't convinced.

"Want me to show you? Want me to show you where his dead ass is?" He grinned.

"He ISN'T dead." Eddie shouted. "Show me where he is NOW." He maintained. He turned to face the bear.

"Follow me. You'll see where he is." The bear walked quickly. The entire walk, he teased Eddie and reminded him Atlas was dead. He was afraid, more than afraid to see where Atlas was.

They stopped in front of a dumpster. It was dark, rats scurried as Eddie approached it. "He's laying dead in the trash." The boy claimed. "Open it and you'll see him."

Eddie trembled as he took hold of the lid. His vision grew blurry, his hands trembled. He didn't feel prepared to see what was laying behold him. He felt vulnerable and frightened, but he couldn't turn around. He wanted to lift up the lid and see that all this was a lie. He didn't want to believe what he was being told was true. He refused to believe it.

The bear stood behind him, and squatted down to pick something up. He held up a broken pipe, ready to attack the clueless boy in front of him.

"He's still alive. He is fine." Eddie's thoughts pulsed in his head. "We still need to have our happily ever after." His heart felt as if it were swelling, his legs feeling weak. Eddie teared up. He slowly raised the lid.

Bang

Eddie and the bear both looked to their right. A loud noise had caught their attention. Then began loud muffling, and even more banging following.

"Atlas?-" and Eddie blacked out.