Chapter 10

🚢 

【Deal】

🚢 

It's been almost an hour since Clara was waiting on the bench, hoping that Dane would show up but she knows that Dane has his own personal life and she should not get her hopes high every time some people would say anything to her. Not all promises are meant to happen and of course, this isn't the place she should keep her hopes up.

She took a deep breath and decided to lay down on the bench when she thought no one was around and no one would bother her. She stares at up at the night sky, stars are shining and it's like she's waiting for a wishing star on sight to basically wish on something she would have hope for. Hope it is.

She may be missing her family and Trevor but when she goes back to England, she'll have their time but for this moment, she'll have herself for a memorable experience.

While staring at the stars, she's trying to name all of it but she couldn't recognize until the clouds started to cover it up. Though she couldn't find the stars, someone shows up that she didn't imagine she would see at this moment.

She uttered some words that she hopes he didn't hear. Their eyes met for a few seconds until Clara immediately fix herself from sitting and look at Dane.

"You came,"

Dane laughs, "I was late." He answered scratching his forehead, "though I thought you weren't here, I almost decided to go back to my cabin. Gladly I walk towards this bench," he said patting the bench.

Clara nodded, "why don't you join me?" she offered tapping the vacant space beside her.

"I would love that," he chuckles and joins her. "I just came up to this day before I go here, we had a little talk and he seems nice."

"Thought first-class people aren't that nice?" Clara asked.

"You're supposed to be on the first-class right?"

She smirks, "but I'm not, I enjoy where am I. What about that another privileged person you met? How nice he is?"

"He offered me some tobacco," Dane said.

"I guess that's what I'm smelling," Clara said, rubbed her nose. "And that business partner of yours? Does anything come out great?"

He smirks, "that's the thing, it still didn't though I made sure that it wouldn't happen again. I respected those people and I just couldn't tell them straight what I feel that may offend them."

"What they're pushing on you?"

"Nora. Mr. Amford's daughter,"

"Oh," she muttered. "What about her? But wait," Clara said, stopping Dane to respond on her. "I know what it might be, Mr. Amford likes his daughter to be with you?" and Dane nodded to her, "Then I'm right. That's not hard to guess nowadays. But he must find something in you that he trusted that he ended up pushing you to her. Well, I guess your decision was good because it is hard to be on a relationship," Clara grudges just thinking about it.

"Oh, that's why you're not giving chances to Trevor?"

She raises her brow to him, "that's not the same and Trevor and I were like friends—"

Dane interjected, "but you just said, he might like you. Then why don't give him a chance?"

"It's not my cup of tea."