Chapter 39

🚢

【red stains】

🚢

When they went to Clara's cabin, to divert her attention from Dane, she eats the apple and the crackers in which Nora was chuckling while she devours her food. Nora possibly wouldn't know her situation if she hadn't gone down to the second-class deck as her father told to talk to someone that in end he brought back to their cabin. Honestly, Nora was sad and at the same time raging in anger towards the situation Clara had gone through. If all of those things happened to her, she probably did something miserable now in which she will regret at a later time. Though she doesn't want Clara to feel alone within those things she accompanied her to make her feel comfortable and at ease.

"I still have the dress you lend to me, though it's dirty now if you still want it," Clara said.

Nora chuckled, "no, I already said to you before that the dress was yours now. You can keep it. At least you have something to remember me when you go back to London, right? And I think that dress was beautiful on you and I wouldn't pull it off just like you did. So, don't mind giving it back to me because, in the first place, it's all yours."

"Thank you," she muttered. "I know we have such a different life and honestly, I thought of seeing your first, you were the normal type of the first-class lady who's kind like elegance before anything else and I think you're not that person who's I'm thinking in my head."

"Because you thought that I was some kind of rival to Dane, right?" she smirks. And at the back of her mind, Clara knows that it was true. She didn't say it out loud because that would come out some kind of remorse and she keeps her silence. Nora smirks, "I'm so over with him after he rejected me. I was really hoping at first to get his attention and maybe you notice that too but I stopped instantly when he told me not to pursue him. It's easy to talk to me, I forget about it and we remain friends. But now, knowing what he did to you, I don't know if we can still remain friends. I'll choose you over him. No, I'll repeat that. I chose you over him, Clara." She chuckles over her statement.

"Do you think Frank knows?" Clara asks out of nowhere.

Nora shrugged off her shoulder, "I really don't know about that. When we're talking to each other, he didn't mention anything about Dane but just seeing both of you together at all times, that's all. We mostly talk about something unusual and common things we do. Did you know that he's also allergic to shrimps? Of course, you don't know about that but it's random until we talked about something serious. More about our relationship status. I have a few suitors back in London but I don't entertain much and didn't go much further than that. Frank was quite interesting than those suitors. But maybe I won't entertain him and I'll end up just like, no offense and I know what you went through. I just think that I couldn't handle all those things. You're so brave and strong, Clara. That's a personality they should look into you. I see you as a normal lady who wanders around but there's more to it inside, you're crazy unbelievable, Clara. I envy you on that kind of attitude."

Clara giggles, "thank you but I know you're strong and brave and much prettier than me, Nora. I'm just nobody else."

She nodded, "that nobody else that ends up having a man turned his head back at you... kidding aside. I know you seriously take what you went through but I guess, you should just laugh it off and forget that it happened. It will be easy like, I think."

"Hopefully thing gets better and it will at the right time, but let's get back to you." She let out a sneaky smile and Clara raises her brow, "maybe Frank's intention was more genuine than Dane. I'm fond of his personality, he's funny and likable. It's easy to get along with him, it's like there's no boundary in between. Though he smokes a lot and I didn't like it,"