➸TWENTY-FIVE

I was supposed to update this after Singulars was completed but I wanted to write this too for a change🥰😚

↓↓

Taeyong wouldn't talk to him, nor look at him. Jaehyun didn't even know what to say.

He knew Taeyong had meant something with what he had told him but he didn't understand all of it. If he understood right at all, Taeyong had been saying that he was still in love with him. Since when? It confused Jaehyun.

Maybe he should ask? But he knew it would come out stupid when he said it out loud. Taeyong would probably hate him even more.

Jaehyun didn't know where Taeyong had slept that night. In downstairs? Did he have a bed? A blanket? Was he cold?

He couldn't get Taeyong out of his head. It wasn't new but the reason for it was different. Before it had been just sexual attraction which had him crave for Taeyong's body. Now it was worry that drove him crazy. And fear, that he had hurt Taeyong in a way he hadn't realised.

Jaehyun went downstairs in the morning. His parents had left already, it wasn't even that early anymore. He had just been lazy to get up from the bed. He got chills when he felt a light cold breeze hit his arm.

The back door was open. Jaehyun went to close it but then thought that maybe Taeyong had left it open. He walked to the patio where their huge messy garden was, except, it wasn't as messy anymore.

Someone had re-organised the big vases properly in lines and brushed the excess mold away from the paving. He noticed the someone being Taeyong when he walked around a tree.

Taeyong was watering the flowers with his back turned to Jaehyun. He turned around in few seconds, gasping in surprise as he hadn't heard Jaehyun coming. Taeyong wore annoyed expression quickly and attempted to walk past Jaehyun but Jaehyun stopped him and pushed him back.

"If you're here to make fun of me, please leave, I don't wanna hear it." Taeyong mumbled, now looking at the flowers on the side. He looked sad.

"Do you hate me?" Jaehyun asked. Taeyong scoffed.

"No."

"Then why-"

"I hate me." Taeyong interrupted him. Jaehyun was taken aback.

"Why?"

Taeyong was quiet for a few seconds. "Because I can't help it. I can't choose not to have feelings for you. I hate it." He didn't notice how Jaehyun blushed.

"But isn't it — I'm sorry, but isn't it weird? We were best friends." Jaehyun tried.

"I told you not to make fun of me! It wasn't weird to me because I never once saw you as my friend!" Taeyong shouted, feeling a lump in his throat.

Then it clicked. Taeyong meant that he had already been in love with him when they had been young? Was that the reason why Taeyong had not wanted to be his friend anymore?

"Yes! I fell for you again even not knowing it was you!" Taeyong added when he noticed Jaehyun's expression of realisation. He continued with wavering words: "I'm the worst. Why does it always have to be you when I've already gotten over you years ago! And once again, I know I won't be the one in your heart. You won't ever-"

His words got cut off with Jaehyun's lips. Taeyong sucked up his threatening tears when fluttering feeling took over his senses. He melted against Jaehyun's lips, missing the feeling so much.