➸TWENTY-SIX

Jaehyun took a deep breath, hoping he had come to the right place. It could be Taeyong would've gone back to Seoul already but he couldn't be sure. This was the only other place he could find Taeyong.

He had fucked up. Hurt Taeyong without realising. Said things without thinking.

He now knew what he needed to say. He hoped what he had in mind would be enough for Taeyong to make things right.

He wanted to have Taeyong back as his friend. That must be it. Why else would he want to keep Taeyong close? He didn't want to be just a stranger to Taeyong like they used to be.

Jaehyun knocked to the door loudly. He heard steps from inside the house. An older woman opened the door soon, looking surprised.

Jaehyun bowed briefly and put on a small smile. "Good evening. I'm Jung Jaehyun. I was wondering, are you Lee Taeyong's grandma?"

He had not expected to have the door shut at his face. Jaehyun gasped and took a step back. She really did that!

"Go away, reporter!" He heard from the inside. So it was the right house and the right person but he had been kicked out before he got to his topic.

Jaehyun knocked to the door again. "I'm not a reporter! I'm Taeyong's friend!" He shouted, hoping she would hear.

It was quiet for a minute, then two... So she had left him hanging.

Jaehyun sighed in frustration and sat down on the door steps. The evening was getting colder.

He decided to wait for a few minutes, and his efforts paid off. Shortly after he heard the door opening again, he jumped up.

"Go home Jaehyun." Taeyong glared at him from the doorway which was only cracked open enough. He was looking tired, annoyed.

"Hyung, I'm sorry, I really am. Please, let me make things right."

Taeyong sighed, looking away. "No, I don't care why you are here."

"Yes, you do. Why else would you have opened that door?"

There was a short silence. Jaehyun stayed still, hopeful.

"Fine." Taeyong mumbled. "Grandma, I'll be back in 15." He shouted behind him and grabbed his jacket.

"Let's go- there." Taeyong pointed at towards the seashore. Jaehyun sped after him to walk beside him. He briefly eyed at the pink haired boy's frown. Taeyong wouldn't spare him a glance. He really was that pissed off, hands pushed to his pockets. He couldn't even walk too close to him.

"You have 13 minutes left." Taeyong noted. Jaehyun panicked.

"No way, don't take time hehe..." Taeyong didn't say anything back. "I'm sorry." Jaehyun began.

"You already said that."

"But I didn't say it enough."

"What are you sorry for? I'm the one who fell for you, you did nothing. And I'm not expecting you to suddenly like me." He glanced briefly at Jaehyun, a mistake. Jaehyun's eyes were full of sorry. "Don't pity me."

"I'm not. I now know what I should've said in the morning." He paused, trying to decide for the best words. "Don't think I don't care about you. Because I do. A lot. You were the most important person in my life when we were- best friends. And you still are because you've become a part of my life again."

Taeyong stopped in his steps, Jaehyun too when he noticed Taeyong had left behind.

It was windier near the sea. Jaehyun had a shiver run down his spine.