02- The Day (Y/N) Met A Teal-Eyed Stalker

(Y/N) stayed there, under that tree in a little ball for a while. So long that the sun had set halfway, washing the sky in colors of pink, orange and crimson. Everyone had left, probably at their homes enjoying life with their family. So, she was startled when she felt a hand on her shoulder.

"Are you okay?"

(Y/N) had to look up when she heard the crisp, accented voice, making eye contact with a pair of teal eyes, unlike any eye color she had ever seen before. The eyes belonged to a boy, about 15 years old, with dark hair and a smile that could blind anyone in a 15-mile radius. The boy held out his hand to her, the nicest gesture she had gotten in a long time.

"Uh, yeah. I'm... good." (Y/N) said skeptically, staring at his hand cautiously before taking it anyway. "No offense, but... who are you?"

The boy laughed, a sharp sound in the now empty park.

"Sorry. My name's Fitz."

Fitz? What type of name is that?

"Okay... Fitz," (Y/N) said warily. "I've never seen you around here. Are you new?"

Fitz froze for a brief moment, so quick it seemed like it was just a trick of the light. "Uh, yeah. I just moved here."

(Y/N) nodded, not quite believing him. Everything about him seemed... fake. "Nice. So, uh, I have to get going. Thanks for... checking on me and stuff."

The girl turned around, digging her hands deep within her hoodies pockets. Orange leaves crunched under her feet as she made her way to the twisted metal arch that marked the entrance of the park.

"But, I never got your name!"

(Y/N) turned around, raising an eyebrow at the dark-haired boy. "What if your a stalker?"

The boy seemed offended, his face twisted as he spoke once more. "Do I really look like a stalker?" He sounded hurt.

(Y/N) just shrugged. "Anyone can be a stalker."

There was silence, before the boy huffed, turning around to head deeper into the park.

"Name's (Y/N)."

The boy turned around again, flashing her a small smile which, thankfully, didn't blind her.

"Nice to meet you, (Y/N)."

_

The same girl collapsed on her bed, dropping her school bag on the floor at the same time.

"Why am I so tired..."

(Y/N)'s phone let off a buzz, and the girl shifted her attention to the small device in her bag. She sat up, digging through her backpack's contents, before pulling out the sleek metal object. The device cast a glow on her face as she turned it on, typing in her password quickly and checking her messages.

One unread message from Sophie Foster.

Soph: U back from school yet

(Y/N)'s thumbs tapped against her phone, typing in a quick answer.

(N/N): Yup, Im back. Went to the park. Met some weird guy who i talked to 4 a bit

Immediately, three blinking dots came up in the corner of the girls screen. A text message came up seconds later.

Soph: Really? Name?

(N/N): Fitz, I think

The three blinking dots came back up again, and (Y/N) waited for Sophie's reply. It was a long time before she answered again.

Soph: Weird

(Y/N) blinked, surprised at her short answer. She didn't question the name, asked what he looked like, nothing. (Y/N) already knew about her mind reading thing, and Sophie knew about (Y/N)'s electricity thing, so they knew each other completely. And that answer seemed nothing like Sophie.

Soph: Welp, got to go. Mom calling. Sry

(N/N): Nah, it's k. We'll chat tmrw

(Y/N) offed her phone, setting it on her bedside table the orphanage had provided her. She laid down on her back, staring up at the bunk above her, the snores of her roomates filling her ears. She wanted to question Sophie, but she knew that they would both have their own secrets, and that they didn't have to tell each other everything.

(Y/N) draped her blanket over her frame, cocooning herself in it's warmth, and closed her eyes.

But it was still a long time until she fell asleep. But when she did, her dreams were filled with lies and teal-eyed stalkers.