17- Meeting the Physician

The second the light cleared away, (Y/N) was wrapped up in a hug from Della.

"My dear, you might want to let them breathe." Alden said from the side.

Della hesitantly unwrapped her arms, taking a step back and scanning Sophie and (Y/N) as if checking for injuries.

"Are you both okay?" Alden asked, shadows crossing his face.

"No." Sophie admitted, tightening her grip on Ella. (Y/N) just shrugged.

"It gets easier from here."

"I hope so." Sophie whispered. (Y/N) nodded, before looking around. "So, what happens now?"

"Della and I are going to personally oversee your families relocation. Fitz can help both of you settle while we're gone."

So they still don't know about me being an orphan... (Y/N) thought to herself. Should I tell them? ...Nah, I'll let them figure it out by themselves.

"Here? We'll be living here?" Sophie asked, the hope obvious in her voice.

Della rubbed her hands, a sad look on her face. "Oh, Sophie, we'd love that-we even offered. But the Council wanted both of you placed with other guardians."

"Don't worry," Alden assured. "I selected them personally. They're good friends of ours. You both are going to like them."

"We'll talk more later. Fitz, Elwin's waiting for them."

Fitz nodded, while Della moved back forward to squeeze Sophie and (Y/N) in one last hug, before Alden held up the aquamarine crystal up to the sky.

"Wait! Cold you at least tell me where you're moving my family?" Sophie asked.

Alden sighed. "I'm sorry, Sophie. I can't tell you that."

"You're afraid I'll try to see them."

"The temptation might be hard to resist."

It was silent for a bit, before Fitz cleared his throat. "Elwin's waiting." He said, trying to lead (Y/N) and Sophie to the house behind them.

"My family always wanted a house with a big backyard, so they could get a dog." Sophie managed to say.

"That can be arranged." Alden answered, before him and Della flashed away.

_

"So, who's Elwin?" (Y/N) asked as she was led down a long, glittering hallway.

Honestly, sometimes this place is such an eyesore,

"He's a physician. He's going to do a quick physical on the both of you."

(Y/N) froze, her gaze snapping to Sophie in an instant. She grabbed the blonde's arm, stopping her from yeeting herself out of that house the second she heard the word physician.

Fitz stopped, a small frown on his face. "What's wrong?"

"She hates doctors." (Y/N) explained as she was nearly dragged down the hall by a chaotic Sophie. "I mean, I hate them too, but it's just a physical, so it can't be that bad."

"You both will be fine, I promise." Fitz 'reassured'.

(Y/N) shrugged, before she was pulled back a few steps by Sophie. Fitz moved forward to help, but (Y/N) held up a hand.

"Don't worry. I got this."

Fitz looked hesitant, but he retracted his hand.

Okay (Y/N); you got this.

So, (Y/N) steeled herself, before promptly scooping Sophie up and slinging her over her shoulder.

(Y/N) looked back at Fitz, noticing his shocked and wary expression. "Uh, are you sure that this is all necessary?"

(Y/N) shrugged. "Depends on how Sophie's feeling. But with the day she's had? I'm not taking any chances. So, lead the way, Stalker."

Fitz sighed, running a hand through his hair. "Why do you still call me that? I'm not a stalker..." Nonetheless, he still made his way down the hallway.

On top of (Y/N)'s shoulder, Sophie shook in barely suppressed fear. "It's okay, Sophie," (Y/N) whispered under her breath. "It's just a physical, so there's a really high chance of there being no needles. But if he does decide to pull them out, I won't hesitate to chuck them out the nearest window. Everything will be fine, okay?"

Sophie went still.

Hopefully that means she's agreeing with me.

"What are you doing?"

(Y/N) turned around, nearly hitting Biana with Sophie's legs.

"Whoops, sorry." (Y/N) muttered out.

I think Sophie's calm enough by now, She thought, before replacing Sophie back on the ground.

"Nothing," Fitz said, replying to Biana's earlier question.

"Where were you? I asked Dad, but he wouldn't tell me."

"That's because it's none of your business."

"Will you tell me later?"

"Drop it, okay? We're a little busy right now."

"Well, not anymore," Biana muttered, glancing at (Y/N) as if she was going to pick her up and throw her out a window.

Hehe, not a bad idea...

"Well, now that we're done here, I guess we'll be going." Fitz retorted, before grabbing (Y/N)'s elbow and pulling her along. In turn, she grabbed Sophie's hand.

In one long line, they passed Biana and walked towards an arched, golden door at the end of the hallway.

"I'll take both of your guys' stuff to your rooms. Sophie, why don't you hang on to Ella. Maybe she'll help."

"Thanks," Sophie mumbled, as she and (Y/N) handed Fitz their bags. And yet, Sophie didn't move.

"Come on, Sophie. Let's get it over with." (Y/N) gently told her, tugging on her elbow. "Okay." Sophie whispered, but didn't move.

"Here. What about this," Fitz said. "If anything bad happens in there, I'll let you punch me in the stomach as hard as you can. Sound fair?"

(Y/N) turned to Sophie. "Once in a lifetime opportunity right here." She quipped.

And to (Y/N)'s joy, Sophie nodded.

So, Fitz pulled the door, holding it open so that (Y/N) and Sophie could enter.