18- Don't Try This At Home, Kids

The second (Y/N) stepped inside, she was not shocked to find that the place was as equally fancy as the rest of the house.

The room seemed to be a conservatory, with walls made out of glass, allowing moonlight to filter inside. Huge plants were scattered across the room, each in their own glowing pot. In the middle of everything were two cots and an elf.

The elf in question turned his attention towards (Y/N) and Sophie the second the door closed behind them, his huge, iridescent spectacles stared right at (Y/N), with wild, dark hair to back it up. He looked more like a mad scientist than a physician.

"I'm guessing you both are Sophie Foster and (Y/N) (L/N)? Take a seat."

He gestured to the cots beside him. (Y/N) walked up, before laying down on the cot to the right, Sophie following after her.

"So, who wants to go first?"

"I'll go," (Y/N) offered. "Sophie's a bit nervous around doctors."

Elwin leaned over (Y/N), fixing her pillow before holding her arm up.

"What are you doing?" (Y/N) asked.

He didn't answer, instead snapping his fingers. A ball of green light appeared above (Y/N)'s forearm.

"See? Painless." He said, glancing at Sophie.

"How did you do that?"

"I'm a Flasher. I can manipulate light the way I want it-though I'm not as skilled as Orem Vacker. You'll see his crazy light show on the next total eclipse. It's one of our biggest celebrations."

"Can't wait."

Elwin looked back at (Y/N)'s arm, before his brows furrowed. "Whoa, that is some serious damage, even if it isn't permanent. But it's not your fault. Toxic food, toxic water, toxic air. What chance do your poor innocent cells have?"

"You can see her cells?" Sophie asked.

"Of course. Did you think I was wearing these glasses because they made me look dashing?"

"Well obviously. I can already tell you have a great fashion sense." (Y/N) answered.

"Then what do they do?" Sophie butted in.

"Anything, depending on what color of light I use."

Elwin snapped multiple times, the orb of light changing colors each time, as he squinted through his pair of fashion goggles. He moved to Sophie next, until he was seemingly happy with his light-flashing thing. And when he finally took off his goggles, (Y/N) was slightly surprised to see that he wasn't as perfect as all the other elves.

Scratch that. She was more relieved. His eyes were more of a gray than a blue, and his mouth was a bit too small for his broad jaw. But when a smile crossed his face, all those minor details could easily go unnoticed.

"You both can sit up now."

(Y/N) pushed herself upwards, and Elwin held up a small silver square up to her right eye. He frowned, before moving on to Sophie.

"What? Just tell us, we can take it." Sophie said, looking at (Y/N) as they both nodded at each other.

Elwin chuckled. "You both are so dramatic. I was expecting your eye color to be from the toxins. But both of your eyes are perfect. They're just... brown."

"Any idea why?" (Y/N) asked.

Elwin furrowed his eyebrows. "Not a clue. I'm sure there's a reason, but I'd have to do some research. It'll be a great case study for the books once I figure it out."

(Y/N) managed to say "I'd rather not be a test subject." at the same time Sophie announced, "What? No- you can't!" They both looked at each other, before staring at Elwin.

"All right, all right. Relax."

Sophie let out a breath. "Thanks."

"No problem." Elqin dug through his satchel, before pulling out a couple of vials of bright, multicolored liquids. "Now, try not to let this worry you, but your body needs a major detox. We'll start with these."

He handed them one to (Y/N), before moving on to Sophie. (Y/N) looked down at the bright, raspberry blue liquid. She shrugged, before drinking it like a shot.

'Mmm... Sweet.'

"Uuh, you don't have to drink it like that." Elwin said, sweatdropping, before handing another one to her.

"I hear a challenge..." (Y/N) thought with a smirk, before snatching five of them from Elwin.

'I hope this doesn't kill me.'